The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedcm2

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 20, 2005
Denver, Colorado
i just had a little question i was wondering about. i have a 91 tsi and i found this site on making your own boost controllers. so i made it and everything and put it on and tested it but nothin happened. actually when i turned up my boost actually went down.(i was running 9psi it went down to 7psi) its a stock 1g no mods of anykind yet. then i have a friend with a turbo civic so we hooked his controller up and nothing happened.:confused: i havent checked to see if my car has any boost leaks yet i was just wondering if having some boost leaks would cause the controller to not work. any advice would really help me alot thanks

Make sure you have the in line and out line hooked up right. I had mine sliced between the turbo outlet fitting and the wastegate actuator. Screw the knob in for more boost, screw it out to go lower. Try switching the lines and see if it works right, also double check the internals of the boost controller to make sure you didn't leave something out.

As far as the boost leak, Im not sure but I would think that having a boost leak would cause your boost to go up to compensate for the lack of boost pressure.

No. If you have had a massive boost leak, you will not boost at all, or you will loose boost - hence boost leak.

k so i figured out what the problem was so we put my friends controller on and turned it up to 14 psi. it ran fine. so i put my homemade controller back on and it started out at 9psi. so i turned it up a little and went to at least 16psi. (i stop when it gets that high i think it wants to go more) and when i let of the gas at 16psi i'm only at 4500 rpm so i ####ed around some more and did everything i could think of with the controller and the boost just wont turn down at all please help me out!!!! i dont wanna blow my motor!!!!!:cry:

Take off the boost controller and go buy one. :tease: Now you won't blow up your car.

d

hereitcomes said:
No. If you have had a massive boost leak, you will not boost at all, or you will loose boost - hence boost leak.
Not true unless a coupler or pipe was completely blown off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back