The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost Controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
All right so heres my question anyone know of any good boost controller with boost by gear? I know the AVCR has it but are there any others? Being fwd i feel like this would be a great feature to improve my ets.

The cheapest and easiest way to drop your et's with a fwd is to use a dual stage boost controller. It will let you have a lower boost setting for the lower gears where you might be spinning (1st and 2nd) and then at the flip of a switch you can go to a higher boost setting when you get it into the higher gears on down the track where you can hook up better.

Innovative MSBC Boost controller. 6 settings plus a stage setting and sweet ramp features. I you can set it up to work off the clutch switch so everythime you pushed in the clutch it could move you to the PSI setting. I had one in my TT v8 truck. I only had it set up on a steering wheel button (we called it the "he almost caught us" button) but same idea.

you could do it like this

1st gear 9psi
2nd gear 11 psi
3rd gear 17 psi
if you have to go to 4th 21psi or something similar

I always wanted to do one that was 7psi until past the 1/8 mile then go to like 22 or something. I want to have fun bracket racing running 13.5's at 120 mph. Had a friend in a GN that would run 11.50's at 140ish doing something similar he kicked ass bracket racing becuase people would lift thinking he broke or they were going to break out and he would blow by them like no ones business on the top end.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back