The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

blow off valve not blowing off??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnpimpn

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
medicine hat, Alberta_Canada
well i recently did a few free mods to my car and found a few hoses that were not connected to anything so i found where they went plugged em in. I also found that the BOV pipe that vents into the intake wasnt tightend down with the clamp. i tightened that up ( after cutting down the pipe inside the intake) and now i cant hear my BOV at all.???

<-------its my talon not my laser \/

Hey you're not alone, i did the same thing and had a similar experience. after i was done, i did notice it was a little bit quieter as well. maybe it was that. But it got louder again once i got a hardpipe for the intake piece. Plus a new greddy bov is on its way anyway.

:shhh: it did that because you tightened up the hose so air COULDNT get out. Don't tell anyone but you heard it because air was escaping :shhh: . Again I didn't tell you this :shhh:

bnpimpn said:
i know how they work....:p.....except that there is NO sound at all....even if i let off after FULL throttle.

:tease: Keep it up and ask your turbo how he feels choking on his own compressed hot air :barf: LOL!

Did you make sure and hook up the vacuum nipples? Because if they arent hooked up the BOV won't work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back