The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Blow off valve not working...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not7fifteen

Probationary Member
Jan 16, 2003
Sherman_IL
Ok i have a crushed 1g BOV on my 90 talon AWD on my dejon tool MAFT upper IC pipe. The BOV doesnt release the preassure fully when you let off the gas like it should, instead I get bad compressor surge followed by a delayed whistle out of the BOV. The vacuum line is hooked up to the intake manifold vacuum with a new line and new connecter. The BOV sat for 10 months while my I was without an engine, could this have made it seize or made it go bad? Should I just spray some lubricant of some sort in the BOV?

I have a Turbo XS RFL sitting here but I don't like how loud it is plus I'm running 18psi on a 20g and I dont know how much boost they are good for and I really didn't like how loud it was, hence the reason I took it off.

Anyone know what could be wrong with my 1g BOV?

may have gotten crushed poorly id say run with the rfl they sound decent but i guess i like loud

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back