The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Billet compressor wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you notice each wheel has a different part number under it.

The first $70 wheel is td05618gb

Second $70 wheel is td05618gb2

The $80 wheel is td05618gb3

The $100 wheel is td05618gx

I think its fair to say that $100 wheel is the bad boy extended tip version.

I talked to the guy selling these.. This isnt the normal price, they retail for 250. but the bought 10 20g and 10g 18g wheels. the prices from 60 to 100. he is only selling 1 at 60, 1 at 70, 1 at 80 so on. the rest selling the 100. They are the same exact wheel.

link below same wheel for 250.18g Billet Compressor Wheel OE Interchangeable TD05 Upgrade Machined from Solid | eBay

After this guy sells out or if you want inquire about there other wheels. Here is Kawasaki sales rep email. [email protected]

I talked to the guy selling these.. This isnt the normal price, they retail for 250. but the bought 10 20g and 10g 18g wheels. the prices from 60 to 100. he is only selling 1 at 60, 1 at 70, 1 at 80 so on. the rest selling the 100. They are the same exact wheel.

link below same wheel for 250.18g Billet Compressor Wheel OE Interchangeable TD05 Upgrade Machined from Solid | eBay

After this guy sells out or if you want inquire about there other wheels. Here is Kawasaki sales rep email. [B][email protected][/B]

Good to hear they are all the same.

As an Asian, the above in bold is why people dont take us seriously LOL

Can I convert my 16g to 18g?

If you have a Big 16g or an E3-16g than it's just a simple swap since the exducer is the same size. If you have a small 16g than you just need to send it to Austin to have your backplate machined a bit. I had one done and the price was very reasonable.

After this guy sells out or if you want inquire about there other wheels. Here is Kawasaki sales rep email. [email protected]

thanks for calling. I was gonna call them to ask cause figured that they might all be the same. picked one up for 70. great deal. I was lucky to enough to score two 20g wheels for 215 shipped off ebay. he raised the price the next day. still a great deal for 135 for one.

It was a KTS billet 20g design, from the pictures I could tell that it is indeed the upgrade design, without the swept blade edges, it has straight edges. It should be the same as the picture Jus posted of the Kawasaki Turbo System (KTS).
Got it to day. Looks like the one Justin posted.

My kinugawa is the cast wheel. Kinugawa Mitsubishi 3" Turbo Compressor Housing Wheel TD05 TD06 20g | eBay

My car is a Conquest with the old g54b. I was running a 18g. The 05h was chocking the car, so i had it clipped. That freed up some power, but surged at part throttle. Went to a standard 06 turbine, and that woke it up some more but would still surge if i brought the boost in at to low of an rpm. The surge ported cover and 20g compressor took care of the surge and picked up some power. Made 379 on a dyno jet at 27 psi. I am logging air flow so i should be able to see if peak air flow picks up.

Did not know they had surge ported 18g covers. Kinugawa Turbo Anti Surge Compressor Housing 3" TD05H TD06 TD06SL2 18g | eBay Might have to pick up a $70 billet 18g wheel.

So many combo's to try. So little time and money. :)

Yea it's making my headspin with all the new stuff to try. After things slow down from the holidays I guess i am going to try the 11 blade with various exhaust combinations. All this support is so exiting. The mhi super backs where already the best 400hp turbo family before all this crap came around. I wasn't that exited about billet wheel technology when it first came around, but it never occurred to me at first that it would allow anybody and everybody to start making wheels. Now it's just a matter of finding who has the good aero and who doesn't.

It's not just the 11 blade that's extended. I've seen a dual 6 extended aswell...

Mitsubishi cam out with a turbo for EVO X. may be of interest to DSM ers for several reasons. the x turbo is standard rotation. hopefully Robert will be able to sell turbine wheels from this turbo. at near 6SL2 size and 9 blade it is juicy. might even be able to buy center sections. the link to evo x graph is the best blend of power and spool I have seen on the evo x platform.
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13117&stc=1&d=1354114878
MHI Billet Turbo - Results - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484901_375670032522124_140162534_n.jpg

interesting I think I have the cast version of the compressor wheel here. it is same 55/75mm and looks the same from all pic angles. I found this turbo on ebay. it comes from 2009 fuso.

turns out turbo was a sweet deal. basically a genuine mitsu FP red size turbo. compressor wheel is 55/75mm and turbine wheel is standard 6H 58.7/67mm.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ That turbine design is the best I've seen in the MHI platform thus far. Reminds me of the GT2560 turbine a bit...which also happens to be 9-blade. :D

Someone dropped the shit out of the TD05H on the right! OMG

The hub of that compressor is quite beefy for billet...unless they were factoring durability as much as overall weight savings.

I'm actually a little shocked that the newer turbine and compressors don't really feature a smaller hub area as the newest trend of billet wheels and aftermarket turbines have suggested for blade surface area as well as weight savings.

Last edited by a moderator:

^ That turbine design is the best I've seen in the MHI platform thus far. Reminds me of the GT2560 turbine a bit...which also happens to be 9-blade. :D

Someone dropped the shit out of the TD05H on the right! OMG

The hub of that compressor is quite beefy for billet...unless they were factoring durability as much as overall weight savings.

I'm actually a little shocked that the newer turbine and compressors don't really feature a smaller hub area as the newest trend of billet wheels and aftermarket turbines have suggested for blade surface area as well as weight savings.

I agree the turbine is best I have seen. kamak made 9 blade wheels but they just removed blades and kept the remaining blades the same size. mitsu obviously put some design work into theirs. notice the nut is much bigger and blades bigger as well. maybe to deal with extra heat each blade has to endure.

I think they put lots of design work into the cast 55/75 compressor wheel. not changing aero but just make it billet and save 10-12 grams. the results speak for themselves. the evo X dynograph is very near dynojet numbers. 266 is about what stock evo x lays down on dynojet here in the states. keep in mind the evo x 2.0 generally spools about 300 rpm slower than the 4g63 2.0.

Mitsubishi designed a killer turbo.

notice the nut is much bigger and blades bigger as well. maybe to deal with extra heat each blade has to endure.
Very early TD05 and TD05H turbines had a 14mm 12-point hex in comparison to the 12mm 12-point that has been the standard for the past 20+years. Most of the 14mm TD05H turbines I've found on early 14B's and Big 16G's were all right-hand threaded on the compressor side.

I am pretty sure the largest compressor that we can fit in a TD05 cover is a 3071.
I plan on using a 6cm housing machined for a TD06H wheel.

Did you ever use is this setup? I know that the 6cm housing keeps spool nice and fast on our smaller displacement motors, but even if machined for a bigger wheel, how much does the top end suffer?

Mitsubishi cam out with a turbo for EVO X. may be of interest to DSM ers for several reasons. the x turbo is standard rotation. hopefully Robert will be able to sell turbine wheels from this turbo. at near 6SL2 size and 9 blade it is juicy. might even be able to buy center sections. the link to evo x graph is the best blend of power and spool I have seen on the evo x platform.
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13117&stc=1&d=1354114878
MHI Billet Turbo - Results - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484901_375670032522124_140162534_n.jpg

interesting I think I have the cast version of the compressor wheel here. it is same 55/75mm and looks the same from all pic angles. I found this turbo on ebay. it comes from 2009 fuso.

turns out turbo was a sweet deal. basically a genuine mitsu FP red size turbo. compressor wheel is 55/75mm and turbine wheel is standard 6H 58.7/67mm.

What about a 20g with an evo x turbine wheel? That could be a better balance of power vs spool for a street turbo over a td05h 20g don't you think?

Did you ever use is this setup? I know that the 6cm housing keeps spool nice and fast on our smaller displacement motors, but even if machined for a bigger wheel, how much does the top end suffer?

I am having the turbo built right now actually, I needed to find someone who could machine the CHRA and the compressor cover. I will post data as soon as I have it. I am also making a td06h 20g with a 6cm housing, for testing.

What about a 20g with an evo x turbine wheel? That could be a better balance of power vs spool for a street turbo over a td05h 20g don't you think?

Are you talking about the revised wheel features at SEMA by FP? The standard evoX wheel is just a TD05H wheel, same as out 14bs and 16gs. Its the twinscroll housing that would make a difference with this wheel.

I am having the turbo built right now actually, I needed to find someone who could machine the CHRA and the compressor cover. I will post data as soon as I have it. I am also making a td06h 20g with a 6cm housing, for testing.

Are you talking about the revised wheel features at SEMA by FP? The standard evoX wheel is just a TD05H wheel, same as out 14bs and 16gs. Its the twinscroll housing that would make a difference with this wheel.

I'm talking about the earlier post that stated "Mitsubishi came out with a turbo for EVO X. May be of interest to DSMers for several reasons. The X turbo is standard rotation. hopefully Robert will be able to sell turbine wheels from this turbo. At near 6SL2 size and 9 blade it is juicy." Apperently they also didn't just remove the other fins like kamak did, but made them bigger. Unless I'm misunderstanding the post...

I'm talking about the earlier post that stated "Mitsubishi came out with a turbo for EVO X. May be of interest to DSMers for several reasons. The X turbo is standard rotation. hopefully Robert will be able to sell turbine wheels from this turbo. At near 6SL2 size and 9 blade it is juicy." Apperently they also didn't just remove the other fins like kamak did, but made them bigger. Unless I'm misunderstanding the post...

Yea its the same wheel they featured at SEMA, so you are talking about the same wheel as me:thumb:

I posted a while ago in "Questions for Justin" about the wheel. I thought it was interesting that Mitsu make a SL2 size (inducer and exducer) turbine wheel, I thought maybe the SL2 would be a oem part, but we got it even better with fewer blades and better design.

I am in the same boat as you, I hope FP will sell these turbine wheels, I have a feeling they wont though, secret sauce for the new 71 evoX turbo.

Yea its the same wheel they featured at SEMA, so you are talking about the same wheel as me:thumb:

I posted a while ago in "Questions for Justin" about the wheel. I thought it was interesting that Mitsu make a SL2 size (inducer and exducer) turbine wheel, I thought maybe the SL2 would be a oem part, but we got it even better with fewer blades and better design.

I am in the same boat as you, I hope FP will sell these turbine wheels, I have a feeling they wont though, secret sauce for the new 71 evoX turbo.

That would be AWESOME if they did, but I guess you could always resort to the kamak 9 blade turbine. It sure would be nice to have those bigger blades though...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back