The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

big problem dont know what to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotalon31

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2010
reading, Pennsylvania
Ok here is my issue i rebuilt my motor 300 mile ago and forgot to put the bushing in the crank for the torque converter, I put 300 mile on with out it , did i mess the transmission up or is it safe to just put it in. Ive been having issues with the transmission going in gear when it is cold but drives fine once warmed up any help or opinions ? :confused:

The transmission going into gear is literally not going into gear, it's just a valve that gets pushed through the valve body, and there's the gears that are operated by solenoids. That bushing won't affect the shifter feel in the car. I'd get that trans out and get that bushing in the crank ASAP. It's a good way to ruin the oil pump in the trans quick!

anyone know any local garages i could use to do it do not have a place to work on it right now. and its way to cold to do it out side LOL

I live in the city do not think they will take to well of me doing a transmission on the street LOL

i already got a $75 dollar fine for doing my timing belt and 300 dollar fine for changing my rims. im the wrong color to get away with stuff in the city (not ment to offend anyone).

I know what you mean. I'm white, and was driving through the city, and got a ticket for running a red light because I did was every single driver does when they turn left and went past the line to wait and wait til the light was yellow to turn. You just gotta tell them to f*ck off if they bother you. Tell them if they want to control the streets or call them their own then they should pave them once in a while.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back