The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Best grounding location for trunk battery (2g)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
I am wondering where the best places to mount a ground for a trunk battery relocation on a 2g are? I have had my battery in the trunk for about a 3 years now and have just had it grounded to sheet metal. I know I know not the right place for a ground wire. I hadn't had any problems for a while but now I am not getting good voltage and the start doesn't want to engage sometimes. I am about 90% sure it is b/c of the ground. The wire is starting to get a little corroded so I am getting a new wire/terminals, and I want to ground it in a good grounding location this time. So where do you guys think is a good spot? Pics would be nice. :thumb:

There is a bolt located on the drivers side right near the very back wall of the trunk where the spare tire well slopes up to meet the black plastic wells in the flat portion of the trunk. I believe this bolt goes straight into the frame rail. I used it in my relocation and have had no issues. Sorry no pic.

I grounded mine to the sheet metal. I also ran another ground back to the engine bay from tue trunk. I have had zero issues with voltage to date and it's been like that for over 3 years.

I used the large bolt for the rear seat belt. Then I ran another wire from there to the factory location on the frame rail in the engine bay.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I ran mine to the engine bay. On the Tranny bolt that holds the block the the bell housing..
Quick question though, why is it required to have a kill switch when you relocate the battery? And is the kill switch for the battery? Or the fuel pump?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back