The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best DEAL ever *Update*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Motion4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2005
Lawton, Oklahoma
Some of you might have looked at my blog from about a Year ago On a 2004 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab that I had bought for UBER cheap at $1800 big ones total...
Just thought I might show you where it sits today...

l_06c248fc025a4dcaa12b6ebf2e0f9675.jpg

I built a Full Custom back half replacing the Mess of a build I ended up finding....:hellyeah:
Ive never welded, So I bought my own and learned.
Ive never Fabricated, So I learned
Ive Never built a bagged truck so tell me what you think of my NEWBIE bag build...

l_a5f7d79ec1bc4aef9a66b4b767819126.jpg

Ive done the complete buildup...I Even wired my own 7 switch box...

And If you are wondering I still have my Talon... Even when Someone Offered to trade it for a 72 Short wide Chevy With a Small block 400 and a built 454 to go with it...Right Now its waiting on ITS turn in the garage to pull the motor and REbuild... stupid half shaft bolt..:ohdamn:
l_771627effffa49a08fe6141391454f20.jpg

go to http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3167094

thanks man... I have been busting my Knuckles for a year to get it there... But mostly because of money... Bag trucks are expensive especially when you want to DIY yourself and need to buy allot of $$$ tools, like welders...:rocks:

throw up a few more pics and we could get a better idea of your work. maybe get some better responses and advice outta it. =) looks good but i would like to see the layout n design you have into it..

Possible to get a picture from a year ago?

Looks great though

Not too impressed, the fab work isn't too great. And this is coming from someone who built pre-runners(caging everything from front to back etc etc etc). You should have practiced on something before hand. Everything looks to clumpy. Not trying to be a dick, but you asked.

^ not trying but you sure are succeeding at it.

You got that for way too cheap. LOL

u should of took that deal and put the 454&100 shot in the silverado with a tall tire and a glide..............in my opinion....the talon is nice

Hey talondeliveryboy, its all good man Im sure the best of them started off somewhere, I was told today my setup is miles better than the hack jobs around town that the exhaust guys work on, see you at the top since you are there already, but dont expect me to stop and chat on my way past you....:hellyeah:

If there was anything that could get me to let go of my talon it is that body style Chevy Short wide.. I still am :confused: about the trade I am waffling ROFL

3167094_14_full.jpg

It just doesn't make sense to me to build a truck when you haven't had much experience, but hey it will be your safety issue not mine. Seen PLENTY of trucks fall apart from newb builders/welders. GL

Ok I just looked at your build thread on your evo... and I HOPE you havent been fabricating long, yourself...:barf:

Keep in mind I am SMAW welding, and a NOOBIE who never even touched a rod in my life...
l_54c1d54c890341b3882fcecdf78466df.jpg

damn wait till I start welding school in the spring and actually take some lessons ..

Truck looks good man. I am no welder but, have been thinking about getting into it. I get tired of getting crazy high quotes for simple exhaust work.

All the best projects start out as great steels. What better way to learn fabrication than a good project your not dumping boat loads of money into. I say keep up the good work. How are you supposed to learn it if you don't do it. If it breaks you'll learn from your mistakes and get better. I went to four years of automotive school, and my dad taught me how to weld way better than they did.

"It just doesn't make sense to me to build a truck when you haven't had much experience, but hey it will be your safety issue not mine. Seen PLENTY of trucks fall apart from newb builders/welders. GL"

S#!T I just got into DSMs three years ago I better not change my own oil yet!

Haha hell yea.. My jack stands are leftovers from work, something else that I knew nothing about when I started into doing my own car audio, now I am MECP Certified and One of the best around....:thumb:

Thanks for the good words...

Just thought I would post up the most recent work I have done to the truck.....

l_19899ee00e0a4b238519356a799613da.jpg

l_7c8a2e20e3334adc83f528dbaf872ebe.jpg

My Exhaust
l_97a8dd3fdc904297bd64c5fcc7140807.jpg

And A Little something custom....
l_5e2956c75b8442d595e6c3c375cf3468.jpg

Funny How I work In a Car Audio Shop and STILL dont have a single piece of car audio gear in the truck yet...:ohdamn:

The Bed is a piece of shit but it works to cover the back half till i get another bed.. The original owner ruined it..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back