The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Best cams for my set up and wants pls help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Heres a list of my mods:

Bullseye to4B
Slowboy Race FMIC (blow thru)
3" GM maft Blow thru
Tubular o2 housing w/dump
Ported 2g Exhaust manifold
2.5inch exhaust
RC550cc injectors
Holley AFPR
SS fuel lines
8.5mm MSD wires
Palm Logger
SAFC2
Pro Clutch 3000lb pressure plate
Fluidyne Radiator and Slim fans

I am looking for a good cam that will give me little headache and good bottom end and carry me to the top. I still have the stock head and bottom end so keep in mind no crazy rev's i shift at 7200 RPM's. I may port the head later on but nothing crazy this car I want very streetable and a lumpy idle doesn't bother me as long as its not going to cut off on me. So pls give me your recommendations but ONLY on your experience with the cams personally no "hear say"!!!

DsMWookie said:
Heres a list of my mods:

I am looking for a good cam that will give me little headache and good bottom end and carry me to the top. I still have the stock head and bottom end so keep in mind no crazy rev's i shift at 7200 RPM's. I may port the head later on but nothing crazy this car I want very streetable and a lumpy idle doesn't bother me as long as its not going to cut off on me. So pls give me your recommendations but ONLY on your experience with the cams personally no "hear say"!!!

If you are looking for streetability and not reving past 7200.. here are some options. HKS 264s Int/ ex or the 264/272 set up.. also a good flowing cam is the comp 101200 and still doesnt really have the rough idle to it.. depending on who you talk to.. these are also similar or the same as FP2 cams which are also a good choice.

Mark
SBR

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back