The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

best 1g NT performance mods/upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknsnoboarder

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 30, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
i've been looking for awhile to find the best upgrades for my 1g nt. the best i've gotten is to either get rid of my car and buy a turbo or to swap the engine for a turbo. i have considered this but i wanna know what the options are. what's the best way to push more horsepower without using a turbo? my mom decided that i had to sell my bike so now i've got 2000 to throw down to make my car faster. what's the best stuff that i should put in right away? thanks for the help

okay, take my experience as you will. I own both a modded talon tsi and a stock 1g GS. there is NO comparison to power potential between the two. There will never be a day when my GS will see a single mod. I suggest you keep your car and save more money to buy a 1g talon awd and mod it. Trust me on this.

If you really want to go fast with your NT (whatever that definition is with a NT) go nitrous. a 50 shot will give you the little umph you need to keep you happy for a while. But then again, the speed bug will bite you and you'll buy a turbo DSM anyway.. :)

Get full exhuast(note: not three inch), air intake, fuel mods, fuel controler, and control the fuel/air. get some beef out of that, then nitrous. Once all engine mods are pretty much done, lighten your car, power to weight ratio is everything.

forgot to add, get machine work done to your head, your block, pistons(change them for higher compression)

like how much power would i be looking at for the engine mods? i already have a full 2.5" exhaust and short ram intake on the car.

talondude4 said:
forgot to add, get machine work done to your heads,

Yeah, both of them. Haha. Honestly I would just save the 2k and get a turbo DSM. Much more fun, and will be faster than the N/t + $2000 most likely. And you could keep the n/t for a DD or sell it and use the money to buy parts for the turbo'd DSM.

Dream On said:
Yeah, both of them. Haha. Honestly I would just save the 2k and get a turbo DSM. Much more fun, and will be faster than the N/t + $2000 most likely. And you could keep the n/t for a DD or sell it and use the money to buy parts for the turbo'd DSM.

Thanks for pointing that out, it was a late at night when i posted.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back