The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Beat to death no start issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmDeetch

Probationary Member
May 21, 2021
Maple ridge, BC_Canada
Ok hear me out …

So I bought a 97 gsx manual trans about two months back and I found myself digging into a project, like most of us, the car had been sitting for some time neglected and what not, and I mean a while

When I purchased the car it had no intercooler, just pipes that ran from the turbo to the intake the car itself ran on its own power has a clutch issue but that’s not the important part, after long waits I ordered a new fmic and installed it and today I tried to fire her up and it cranks forever but won’t start keep in mind a week or so ago it started, the only thing I did was sit in the back and put in new speakers for the rear battery disconnected no back seats tried to stay away from wires for the fuel pump, but when I tried to plug my obd reader back in it failed to connect several times

So, it cranks no start up and obd has no connection with my reader that worked before
Gauges (boost fuel oil ect don’t move)

many ideas I’ll throw my ear to the fuel pump for shits and gigs but for some reason I think it’s something more

Last edited by a moderator:
So, it cranks no start up and obd has no connection with my reader that worked before
Gauges (boost fuel oil ect don’t move)

Since you say that the boost gauge doesn't move, I have to ask which one? When you turn on the ignition does the CEL light up for five seconds and turn off?

Since you say that the boost gauge doesn't move, I have to ask which one? When you turn on the ignition does the CEL light up for five seconds and turn off?
As for wich boost gauge I’m referring to the factory gauge in the cluster

Ima go out on a limb here and say I agree with the top posts. BUT also want to throw in the possibility that since you installed new speakers (i dont know if they are just regular 6x9 speakers or a subwoofer in a box)you could have probably short circuited something and blown a fuse? Did you install an Amp directly to the battery? I would check fuses since it's something fairly easy to do. I would also lookup the local junkyard to find an ECU to swap in if they is the case

Ima go out on a limb here and say I agree with the top posts. BUT also want to throw in the possibility that since you installed new speakers (i dont know if they are just regular 6x9 speakers or a subwoofer in a box)you could have probably short circuited something and blown a fuse? Did you install an Amp directly to the battery? I would check fuses since it's something fairly easy to do. I would also lookup the local junkyard to find an ECU to swap in if they is the case
I installed kicker 6x9 no amp no nothin I’ll check the fuses under the dash , I have a 98 or 99 ecu in my tool box I’ll try and swap it and see

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back