The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Battery won't charge. (pic)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tsiemad

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 23, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
will my battery kept dying so i went and got a new one and got my alternator benched tested at advance and new terminals. Will everything cheked out good
and still wont hold a charge. I went to go look at the wires and find this. Any idea where this connects to you?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 90
What color is it white and black run into the harness, look for a broken wire in the area and heatshrink and solder it.

See whats broken something. That looks like it goes to the power steering pump, the others are white and black if connected could be a bad altenator.

This might sound simple, but make sure your connections are clean, at the alternator and also your battery terminals.

Ok heres how to narrow this down..While the car is running, undo the ground on your battery and see if the car stll runs..If not it's a bad alt..2nd check and see if your battery is full of distilled water, sumtimes it just needs to be replenished with distilled water then will charge..Like stated above there should only be two wires connected to the alt..

M next question is how old is the battery itself?
Also check for corrosion on the battery terminals..That will hinder battery charging for sure..I just had this problem on my girls car, cleaned the terminals, and she went back to normal..

Ok heres how to narrow this down..While the car is running, undo the ground on your battery and see if the car stll runs..If not it's a bad alt..2nd check and see if your battery is full of distilled water, sumtimes it just needs to be replenished with distilled water then will charge..Like stated above there should only be two wires connected to the alt..

M next question is how old is the battery itself?
Also check for corrosion on the battery terminals..That will hinder battery charging for sure..I just had this problem on my girls car, cleaned the terminals, and she went back to normal..

Its the power, not the ground. Your car will always need a ground. By pulling the power cord it lets you know the car is running off the ALT. Get a mutimeter, Your battery should read 12.6 volts. While running the ALT should read around 14 volts.

Alright I know this is old. But I haven't driven the car for a while so I put a new red top optima battery couple weeks ago started right took it for a spin. And this morning went to go start it and dead battery I took off the positive cable from the battery after I jumped and the car stayed on and ran off the alternator.
But still won't charge the battery. Need some help before the shoot out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back