The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

"Barn Find" Clean Talon restoration and street build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys. New-old member but couldn't remember my old username. I had a NA car waaay back when (almost 20 years ago) and always wanted to finally get ahold of a AWD Turbo car. Found this gem about 10 minutes from me and had to buy it.

It's been sitting in a garage for 15+ years. Mostly stock besides some coilovers, but the engine bay had been pretty well stripped down for a build. 117k miles and virtually no rust anywhere what so ever.

Short term goals:
Get it running driving in a fairly stock form then enjoy the "build" process over time. Drive it to work some and just enjoy the car. Maybe some mild bolt on's and get it looking nice.

Long term goals:
Maybe 400-450 wheel horse and keep it mostly street-able. Occasional auto-x or drag weekends and some local car shows like Cars+Coffee.

Trying to get the car on the road, running/driving for under $6k. So far I'm in it for $4500 for the car and motor.

To-Do:
Motor: Got one picked up from the scrap yard with 107k miles.
Timing kit and water pump
Belts and Hoses
Plugs/wires/coil

Suspension:
One coilover in the rear is blown. Looking at my options.

Interior:
Two or three panels missing
Broken window switch.

Body:
Wash and full detail

Misc:
All fluids
Inspect brakes and maybe a pad slap

I'm sure I'm missing some odds and ends and will find things I need as it goes back together.

Edit: Added Photos.

20230330_152202.jpg

20230401_183948.jpg

20230401_184003.jpg

20230403_191251.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very clean. I'd say you found a good one, and TEN MINUTES FROM YOUR HOUSE......NICE!!!!!

Nice dude congrats , I found a 95 tsi 10 min from my house but the rear section of both rocker panels are rusted bad , your lucky you found one so clean .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back