The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

bad knock sensor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hesh724

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2009
Hopewell, Pennsylvania
I get alot of knock retard when in a high gear using low rps like just lazily cruizing up a soft hill knockret will got way up. I think i may have set my base timing too high? or unless its adding timing cause i went and turned a few values down a couple notches on timingmaxoctane according to the track log feature. could someone PRETTY PLEASE just lend some insight? :thumb:

Attachments

• knocky1.elg
    393.8 KB · Views: 73
Go to your ALS/Knck tab and change your Knock Sensor Control values to...
Activate Above: 3000 rpm
...and TPS Above: 30%​
If it still does it, reach behind your engine under the IM, check that the knock sensor is in tight and doesn't have any black goo coming out of the back of it. If you do end up needing to replace it be sure you torque the new sensor to 17 ft/lbs, that way you don't keep getting PK.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since its so erratic and at low rpms its most certainly must be phantom knock. Now i must see what is causing it. I changed the tps to 30 and rpms to 3000. Oh and what happenes if you accidently put to much oil in your car. I filled my to the little hole about an inch up from the top notch haha. will i just blow it into my catch can?

well I don't know how much oil is too much oil but I know that if there is enough oil in the oil pan where it may come in contact with the crank, It could start to "foam" the oil and the get air bubbles into the system... aaaaaaand yea. I doubt this would ever happen BUT... yea.

An inch over full ? thats like a quart. What I would do personally is climb under there and pop the plug for about 15-20 seconds and drain it out. But thats just me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back