The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g knock sensor vs evo knock sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you feel you need to change it. I understand a non resonance will be more accurate against PK, however to with EMS you can set frequency ranges to get around PK from engine noise not calibrated into the 2g knock sensor.

Last I knew 2g and EVO were the same. I have interchanged them for years with AEMs, dsm links and factory computers and have not noticed a difference. other then plug length. Of course a 1g is totally different and I use the 2g/evo with all 1g AEM's.

Last I knew 2g and EVO were the same. I have interchanged them for years with AEMs, dsm links and factory computers and have not noticed a difference. other then plug length. Of course a 1g is totally different and I use the 2g/evo with all 1g AEM's.

Yes and no. They are the same to an extent, they are interchangeable however the EVO8 knock seems to be a bit less sensitive perhaps sensitive in certain frequency ranges... Those of us who are running EVO8 ECU's in our 2G's have had to make some changes to the Knock filter maps to eliminate phantom knock around the 3000 - 4000 RPM range. I know it is a lot of digging but if you look into the "EVO8 ECU in 2G works" thread you will find what I am talking about.

Cool good to know. I know we make those changes on evos all the time depending on the combo. I know the voltage in the AEM logs looks the same but that is not frequency based like the stock ECU is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back