The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

bad idle solved

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowboy101

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2009
Lakeville, Minnesota
Ok so here is how I solved my idle surge. When I started to mod my car my idle started to get bad for instence it would jump up and down and even some times die. So here is how I fixed it, I simply took out my battery for a few hours then put the battery back in, got in the car turned my a/c on full blast and then started the car and BLAMO idle surge solved. Now im not saying this will work for every ones situation BUT after you checked for all boost leaks and ect. then try this! :hellyeah:

LoL, lucky. Probally was fine until an adjustment in your BISS or timing was done without grounding out the right stuff. So your ECU was trying to compensate. Resetting your ECU reset it's ability to control Idle and now it's in the zone.

With increases or decrease's in air/fuel intake your idle will fluctuate doing this will throw out of whack the ability of your car's mechanics to control the idle. Resetting the ECU makes it learn from scratch putting all the adjustment mechanics back to neutral, when before they may already be at a maximum/minimum setting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back