The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

bad clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny J

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 19, 2012
Laurel, Nebraska
Ok so I've kinda thrown this around and no one seems to pick up on it. So if anyone could help me solve it I would be thankful. I bought this car with a broken slave cylinder, me and my brother replaced the slave, bled it, ect. but this is the problem.. Driving my car short distances is fine. But if I drive it anything more than that the clutch gets ungodly stiff, and my car won't go into gear. If we bleed it it'll work for a while but will eventually get stiff.. My question is: is the slave bad? Master cylinder bad? If it gets stiff and I let it sit over night it'll be fine in the morning. It isn't the stock clutch, its a stage 2 clutch, but the guy I bought it from said the clutch needed adjusted. So Idk if that could be attributing to this. Any help would be nice!!

Just want to make sure, you are tightening the nut after you adjust the rod correct? Simple mistakes get us all sometime just want to cover all bases.

that ticking you hear is your lifters not your crank. If you were expierincing crank walk you would hear a knock. not saying your not because i've heard of crankwalk in cars with heavy clutches. but i've got a act 2100 clutch with about 60,000 miles on the clutch, about 262,000 on the whole car. and i dont have any crank walk. "knock on wood".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back