The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AWD Transmission Parts Don't Match. (Help).

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguelmcv

Supporting Member
May 3, 2009
Fresno, California
Here is my problem.
I have my Internals from my Old Tranny.
I just bought a Tranny that has Bad Syncro, Broken fork and Broken Central Diff.
I'm trying to use my Old internals to Put it in the one I just bought, and make a good working Tranny. But.,,,,
The Parts are different.
My Old Tranny parts have Aluminum Forks and are smaller, The Syncros are Smaller as well.
The Tranny that I just bought have Steel Forks and are way way bigger and the Syncros are bigger as well.,,, And one Fork has 3 Holes to hold the Rails, which my Old one has only 2 Holes to hold only 2 Rails. (Last 2 Pics).
I have read about Steel Forks But this are way bigger then the other ones.

Are this Stock Parts?, or is an upgrade?.

Any Info is welcome.

Thanks for advance.

Here are some pics of the parts.

Attachments

• DSC03830.JPG
    DSC03830.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC03831.JPG
    DSC03831.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03832.JPG
    DSC03832.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC03834.JPG
    DSC03834.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC03836.JPG
    DSC03836.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03837.JPG
    DSC03837.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC03838.JPG
    DSC03838.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Well.
I was searching all day and found some info at Jacks Website.
Looks like there are two kinds of Trannys, One Tranny is able to be insert all of the EVO111 has,, with out any modifications.
What I don't know is if this is a stock one or has the EVO111 Upgrade...
I haven't see closely But will check if the gears are the same size or if has more teeth on the gears.

Here is the site from the Info.

Jacks Transmissions LLC — What Gear Set Do You Have?

Your old trans has the 1G style 3rd, 4th gear and stronger hub/slider. The new trans uses the 2G style hub/slider and shift fork for 3/4. Those new parts are weaker, but the larger syncro shifts better.

5th gear set is interchangeable. I'd use the one that's in better condition. Just make sure the whole 5th gear assembly is swapped together, including both gears, hub/slider, syncro, fork and even the end cover.

Yea.
After searching, searching and searching... I start learning a lot about Trannys.
With the Search and the Help right here, we can become to be a real PRO. :sneaky:

Now, I know that all the EVOIII internals can be put into this New Tranny with out any Modification.... :tease: (All Gears).

Well I am putting all of my Old tranny internals which syncros are on better shape then the other one.

After Inspecting all the parts, I found out that my Central Differential gets stack when turning (some times).
I decide to open it up and,,, what a surprise.
It was not in good shape (Internals).

I have search to replace this parts of the internals with no lack,
Those any one have a link to where to get it.
It doesn't matter if its from a second hand.
I found the peace at TRE But it is for a 4 Spyder which it has 4 gears and mine has only two gears.
Here is a pic of the damage parts and some pics of the Differential (external in good shape). Last pic.

Sorry I forgot to insert the pics.

Attachments

• DSC03845.JPG
    DSC03845.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC03846.JPG
    DSC03846.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC03847.JPG
    DSC03847.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC03856.JPG
    DSC03856.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 63
Hi Miguel,
The TRE 4 spider center diff is an upgrade for your diff. The 2 spider center diff can break easily as you've seen.

Yea.
After searching, searching and searching... I start learning a lot about Trannys.
With the Search and the Help right here, we can become to be a real PRO. :sneaky:

Now, I know that all the EVOIII internals can be put into this New Tranny with out any Modification.... :tease: (All Gears).

Well I am putting all of my Old tranny internals which syncros are on better shape then the other one.

After Inspecting all the parts, I found out that my Central Differential gets stack when turning (some times).
I decide to open it up and,,, what a surprise.
It was not in good shape (Internals).

I have search to replace this parts of the internals with no lack,
Those any one have a link to where to get it.
It doesn't matter if its from a second hand.
I found the peace at TRE But it is for a 4 Spyder which it has 4 gears and mine has only two gears.
Here is a pic of the damage parts and some pics of the Differential (external in good shape). Last pic.

Sorry I forgot to insert the pics.

Yes that's true, But the center diff, needs to be machine to accept the 4 spider and after my AWD swap, I got empty packet.
I just want my DD back on the street for now.
I have on mind to go with an evoIII upgrade, But, That's on the future.
I just want an easy fix (cheap).

I was wondering if a 1g (93, 94) Central Internals can fit my Central diff.
Well I think is time to search again.

I think I found what I was looking for.
A kit to fix the Center Diff.
Which I can't find a used one Here.
I will order this kit from Jack which I couldn't find it any where else.
I have found all the Center Diff. But not Parts.
If any one sees a used one, Please link me to it.:pray:

I forgot to insert the Link.
But Here it is.

Jacks Transmissions LLC — AWD Output

Did you ever find your parts? I have 3 diffs, 2 are normal, stock and in good working condition and one is welded.

Did you ever find your parts? I have 3 diffs, 2 are normal, stock and in good working condition and one is welded.

Yeap.

I bought 2 trannys and put all the good things in one.

So, I am good now, I might look for a Center Differential later on, to rebuild the Other one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back