The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Average stock 1g cam Evo III 16g hp/track time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
I almost have everything I need to get my motor back in the car for spring I'm super excited for this season! I just had a few small questions about some 16g times..

When the motor is back in the car ill have stock 6 bolt rebuilt block and stock 6 bolt head for now since I don't have enough for cams as springs for a little bit.. The supporting mods ill have is ported and polished mhi evo III 16, Dsmlink v3 with speed density, pte 880 injectors, 255 pump, 4" intercooler, Busher stage 5 clutch an a whole lot of track expierence LOL I figure with a solid tune on pump gas I should see no more than low 300whp with the stock springs and cams? Does anyone have any info on that? If so what have you run with stock cams on a 16g? My guess is the fastest the car could go is maybe 12.70s with a great pass? Any info would be awesome cams and springs are the first thing on my list after my birthday in may

Keep in mind this will be done on pump gas so the numbers will be limited especially without cams I have the supporting mods to give me some more room to grow with the cams and springs I'd like to see very low 12 second passes out of it on pump gas this season

Bump...anyone have any info?

I almost have everything I need to get my motor back in the car for spring I'm super excited for this season! I just had a few small questions about some 16g times..

When the motor is back in the car ill have stock 6 bolt rebuilt block and stock 6 bolt head for now since I don't have enough for cams as springs for a little bit.. The supporting mods ill have is ported and polished mhi evo III 16, Dsmlink v3 with speed density, pte 880 injectors, 255 pump, 4" intercooler, Busher stage 5 clutch an a whole lot of track expierence LOL I figure with a solid tune on pump gas I should see no more than low 300whp with the stock springs and cams? Does anyone have any info on that? If so what have you run with stock cams on a 16g? My guess is the fastest the car could go is maybe 12.70s with a great pass? Any info would be awesome cams and springs are the first thing on my list after my birthday in may

Keep in mind this will be done on pump gas so the numbers will be limited especially without cams I have the supporting mods to give me some more room to grow with the cams and springs I'd like to see very low 12 second passes out of it on pump gas this season

Bump...anyone have any info?

11.9 @ 115 in a full weight 2g. 33psi spike calming down to 26 psi by 6600-6700. all on 110 oct cam2. Stock cams 1g cams. Tuned by safc, its now on dsmlink and is a good bit faster. We'll find out how much soon.

Which 1g cams,manual or auto.
I believe the stock auto cams have gone high tens,but thats a freak occorance.

If you cant do 12s with an awd dsm,your doing it wrong.

Sounds like bench racing to me here.

Which 1g cams,manual or auto.
I believe the stock auto cams have gone high tens,but thats a freak occorance.

If you cant do 12s with an awd dsm,your doing it wrong.

Sounds like bench racing to me here.

The burgandy car you speak of went slower with cams and a converter change. It was a gutted race car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

With that said, you won't know until you do some passes :)

11.9 @ 115 in a full weight 2g. 33psi spike calming down to 26 psi by 6600-6700. all on 110 oct cam2. Stock cams 1g cams. Tuned by safc, its now on dsmlink and is a good bit faster. We'll find out how much soon.

Stock cams and tired valve springs here in a full weight leather interior 1G Auto AWD, I trapped 90mph in the 1/8th. Had some issues with the tune caused by a bad head(crap machine work...sending my head to Dale/BogusSVO fixed that problem right up!) and shitty tuning software(switching to TunerPro also fixed that problem ;) ), 2G pistons on 1G rods, Cyclone IM, Speed Density, eGay 16G, etc. Nothing crazy. So you should run pretty decent even on pump gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back