The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Automatic FRONT LEFT Motor mount vs Manual

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndGen

Probationary Member
May 30, 2011
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
Ok so my car is a manual transmission N/t and my front left upper motor mount just went out. I went to u pull it and I could only find a 93 2.0 N/t automatic. Coming home and comparing the two I noticed the one from the automatic is a little different. You know where the rubber part of the mount is? And where the screw goes through the rubber piece? Well the one from the junk yard is a little smaller. The inlet holes on either side of the rubber motor mount insert. They are smaller than the one currently on my car. Can I still use this motor mount? Or will I have to suck it up and look online for a new one for my exact year of car?

Last edited:
hey guys. I just wanted to put some info on here in case anyone out there on the web needs it. YES any top left motor mount from an automatic 2.0 fwd will fit a manual 2.0 fwd I went back to the junkyard and took some measurements before taking everything off and trying it out. The first pic is of my old mount (with manual) and the second is with the mount from the automatic car (93 gs) on my car. I forgot to take better pictures of the automatic mount but they do have the same length of center bolt. looking at them side by side the rubber inserts appear to have different protrusion lengths (where the center bolt goes through the rubber) but they are the same length. they look different because of the amount of rubber associated with the insert, but the center bolt will go through just the same to attach the mount to the frame of the car. sorry to be Mr. obvious to the rest of you but I just wanted to put it out there for the newbies. They may look different but they will fit. Hope this helps someone out.

Attachments

• 2012-12-31 16.40.22.jpg
    2012-12-31 16.40.22.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 2012-12-31 16.40.08.jpg
    2012-12-31 16.40.08.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 51
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back