The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G ATX shifting hard

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERWIN Garrett

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2020
Phx, Arizona
Just had my 97 mit engine rebuilt.now transmission is being rebuilt. The repair shop put everything together and they said the transmission was shifting hard, the reason why I put it in the shop in the first place, it would not go in overdrive. Does anybody know, is there a port to adjust the transmission?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the shop rebuilding the transmission too?
As Matt says, the no OD issue is usually the End Clutch Pack and needs serviced, as in a normal rebuild, with new clutches, steels and seals. I have accidentally toasted mine and have done a handful of end clutch kits to fix the issue you had/have for myself and others.

Did I say it is a automatic,anyway got it rebuilt there's still hard shift going into 1st gear slow speed. I'm going to add Lucas tyranny fix. They told me its call adaptive driving adjustments

Does the car have a TCU or no?
Does the transmission have a shift kit?
I wouldnt put any transmission fix fluids in the transmission. There isnt anything a fluid will fix. It needs to be fixed. These transmissions do not have adaptive behavior. Its a very simple logic where it takes throttle position, RPM, and shaft speeds and it changes gears. The Eco Power mode changes shift points and line pressure much like tow haul on a diesel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back