The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Are this the right Coil On Plugs?,

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguelmcv

Supporting Member
May 3, 2009
Fresno, California
I have read so many threads and all what I can see is,,,, How to make the plate, how to wire it up and which coils work for the set up.

So.

Finally I decide to make the change.

I bought some used 300M Coils, But they seems to be to long.
They do looks like 300M, But are so long that, they come out 3/4 inch. out.

I have read that, the plate can be made up with a thin plate.
But If they stick out 3/4 inch. it should be a 1/2 inch plate to make it work, and giving 1/4 to press down the coil.
I took a spark plug out and inset the coil, The coil with out the plug get exactly the same height where the plate goes.
You can see in this pic how they come up.
If I bolt up the coils like that, I bet I will bend the plate, because the plate is not to thick.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Now, you can see how it turns out with out the spark plug.

Any suggestions, Or advice from people that have done it would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to trim off the bottom of the boot and and they will fit right in there. You will also have to take a little bit of the spring off.

The spring just slides into the boot. I just pull the boot off, slide the spring out and trim it with a pair of wire cutters.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back