The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Anyone oval race a 1g DSM car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isschris

Probationary Member
Mar 30, 2020
Wausau, Wisconsin
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some threads for motor and trans gearing help for a 1g DSM na car that I race on 1/4 and 1/3 mile paved oval tracks.

Attachments

• 972EF639-D58A-4B8F-936F-C720A3FA04A1.jpeg
    972EF639-D58A-4B8F-936F-C720A3FA04A1.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 117
My buddy did back in the day. He had a 100mm stroke crank in it. Gives you a bit of displacement, but will require a custom piston. Benefit would also be you can step up the compression ratio if your doing a custom piston.

Are you allowed to change the internals?

What are you trying to figure out about gearing? Thats a really vague post, man.

This is a
My buddy did back in the day. He had a 100mm stroke crank in it. Gives you a bit of displacement, but will require a custom piston. Benefit would also be you can step up the compression ratio if your doing a custom piston.

Are you allowed to change the internals?

What are you trying to figure out about gearing? Thats a really vague post, man.[/QUOTE

This is a stock class, I am more looking for options of intakes or throttle bodies that may get me a little more power. I also need a little bit better gearing. We are limited on tire size, I’m running 3rd gear with a stock non turbo 5 speed trans with 195/60/14 tires. Will a non turbo 5 speed trans out of a 2g bolt up to a 6 bolt motor, some threads I have read say it will but I’m not sure about the clutch and flywheel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back