The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Anyone heard of this 20g??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anmGST

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2007
Waltham, Massachusetts
Blouch TD05H-20G Turbocharger at extrempsi.com

This sneaky-Pete is stock appearing on the outside and all business on the inside. Featuring the 44 lb/min performance of the TD06 20G compressor wheel and a clipped TD05H turbine wheel in a 7cm2 nozzle area turbine housing, this turbo comes on hard and will set you back in the seat. To reduce boost creep, the turbine housing must be ported and is included in the price of the turbo. If your engine/application is heavily modified, Blouch Turbo recommends an external gate configuration to maintain proper boost control or upgrading to the TD06H high flow turbine wheel to reduce exhaust manifold/turbine housing backpressure. The Eclipse TD05H-20G is based upon a brand new genuine Mitsubishi turbo direct from Mitsubishi Turbo North America and requires no modification (internal gate version) to intake, exhaust, oil and coolant connections for installation.

Attachments

• 20g Blouch.jpg
    20g Blouch.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 743
I've heard of it. Blouch's shop is only about 45 minutes from me. What did you want to know exactly? (btw search blouch turbo on youtube or streetfire, they make some really nice turbo combinations)

I've heard of it. Blouch's shop is only about 45 minutes from me. What did you want to know exactly? (btw search blouch turbo on youtube or streetfire, they make some really nice turbo combinations)

Was just looking for feed back on it, is it relaiabel, WHP#'s( I'm looking for 400) Is it worth the $$$ heck it's only $900. I'm trying to decide on either a 20G, This 20G or A FPgreen. I Daily drive my car and have supporting mods IE: ETS frontmount, 650cc, wally, DSM SGT3 chip, ACT clutch, 2nd gan MAF and full exhaust just looking for the best bang for my $$$$. An no I will not be running anything other than pump gas.

You are going to be squeezing the airflow of the 20g out of a very small compressor housing. This turbo is moreso designed to fool "stock class" competitors as a "stock turbo" as it's the biggest wheel you can fit into a TD05h compressor housing.

If you only want 400hp, an evo316g can net you that. But it will be easier to do so, and easier on your engine to get a larger wheel (on the exhaust and intake side) sacrificing some spool time for more efficiency.

If you're looking for a good reliable turbo to net you 400hp, honestly your best option for spool time and efficiency is going to be an FP3052, but the Borg fanboys will tell you otherwise.

Looks like your standard Sleeper 16G / Bastard 20G.

Honestly if you're looking for a 20G you'd be better off finding one with a TD06 cover unless you're limited to OEM appearance. The bigger cover looks better under the hood, will flow more air, and doesn't require a j-pipe.

This turbo is moreso designed to fool "stock class" competitors as a "stock turbo" as it's the biggest wheel you can fit into a TD05h compressor housing.
Not necessarily. ;)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You are going to be squeezing the airflow of the 20g out of a very small compressor housing. This turbo is moreso designed to fool "stock class" competitors as a "stock turbo" as it's the biggest wheel you can fit into a TD05h compressor housing.

If you only want 400hp, an evo316g can net you that. But it will be easier to do so, and easier on your engine to get a larger wheel (on the exhaust and intake side) sacrificing some spool time for more efficiency.

If you're looking for a good reliable turbo to net you 400hp, honestly your best option for spool time and efficiency is going to be an FP3052, but the Borg fanboys will tell you otherwise.

I am only looking for 400whp or very close. I know I could get there with a E16G but that is on race gas and crazy boost. This is my daily and will only be using pump gas. Spool time is importasnt as I do not want someting that will ne getting full boost at 5k. I was looking at this cause of the $$$$. But I'm still looking . You said the Borge fanboys will tell me differnt, SO maybe a bullseye turbo T04B 50 trim? The FP3052 is WAY out of my price range. I would look at the FP20G-SL2 before that..

Looks like your standard Sleeper 16G / Bastard 20G.

Honestly if you're looking for a 20G you'd be better off finding one with a TD06 cover unless you're limited to OEM appearance. The bigger cover looks better under the hood, will flow more air, and doesn't require a j-pipe.

Not necessarily. ;)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

60-1 is just effing excessive. Hope you like knock :p

60-1 is just effing excessive. Hope you like knock :p
Not really, the turbo serves a purpose of being the biggest wheel combo I've seen in a TD05H cover. It's no different than a FP Red....just in a smaller compressor housing. Imagine popping the hood to reveal what appears to be a stock TD05H turbo, not realizing a 60-1 compressor and TD06H turbine are hidden inside.

I bought the turbo blown with the wheel mods already done. It's now on thatblondechik's 2G GST and I have it coupled to a TD05H turbine for the time being. I call it the "Texas 16G", as everything's bigger (and better) in Texas.

I am only looking for 400whp or very close. I know I could get there with a E16G but that is on race gas and crazy boost. This is my daily and will only be using pump gas. Spool time is importasnt as I do not want someting that will ne getting full boost at 5k. I was looking at this cause of the $$$$. But I'm still looking . You said the Borge fanboys will tell me differnt, SO maybe a bullseye turbo T04B 50 trim? The FP3052 is WAY out of my price range. I would look at the FP20G-SL2 before that..

4 questions for you.. What octane gas will you be running? Do you have to smog your car? Do you plan on getting cams? Do you plan on getting a SMIM? This will help a lot in getting you better idea of the power you should expect to make. The 20g compressor wheel in the tdo5h compressor housing should still flow almost 6lb/min more then a EVO 3 16g compressor wheel. Should be worth a little more flow, but lets be conservative. Just make sure that the the turbine wheel and compressor wheel, and all the guts of the turbo are made at a Mitsubishi plant, and the turbo will be very reliable. Do not get outsourced parts, in a genuine Mitsubishi cover... They seem to suck. My .02

I bought the turbo blown with the wheel mods already done. It's now on thatblondechik's 2G GST and I have it coupled to a TD05H turbine for the time being. I call it the "Texas 16G", as everything's bigger (and better) in Texas.

I thought that was a gt3071 wheel?

4 questions for you.. What octane gas will you be running? Do you have to smog your car? Do you plan on getting cams? Do you plan on getting a SMIM? This will help a lot in getting you better idea of the power you should expect to make. The 20g compressor wheel in the tdo5h compressor housing should still flow almost 6lb/min more then a EVO 3 16g compressor wheel. Should be worth a little more flow, but lets be conservative. Just make sure that the the turbine wheel and compressor wheel, and all the guts of the turbo are made at a Mitsubishi plant, and the turbo will be very reliable. Do not get outsourced parts, in a genuine Mitsubishi cover... They seem to suck. My .02

Ok Octane will be 93( Shell all the time). Smog um( No cat). SMIM not sure still don't really know what that is..Sorry..And cams maybe- EH most likely but not any time soon next year I hope 272's..But we will see.

I thought that was a gt3071 wheel?
Correct, an old school 7-blade GT30R wheel....but the measurements are damn close to a 60-1 compressor. The inducer and exducer are slightly smaller, but the trim remains about identical.

It's the largest wheel that would fit inside the TD05H cover...I literally don't think the 60-1 wheel would fit.

A smaller cover just makes the compressor mpre efficient and sacefices a little flow up top. Focussing on the turbine flow is where you get the most out of a 20g compressor wheel. Look for any of the td06 wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back