The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Antilagracings 2010 dsmshootout story and experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antilag_200

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 28, 2002
lansing, Michigan
I have posted this on some of the other forums that I frequent, so if you have read this before I apologise in advance. It was nice to meet all of you, I hope to see you all again next year. thank you for reading.

As most of you know it was and has been a very stressful and a lot of man hours of work prior to this event. We didn't get everything finished but we did the best that we could ,
so Friday evening loaded her up and we were on our way to ohio...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I want to thank Nick Wolgamott for allowing us to use his truck for the trip down, That thing did not skip a beat, even though the brakes didn't work very well, it had no problem pulling the trailer and car down to Norwalk
The look of one very tired and excited individual

The trip down was uneventful despite being separated a few times from our own caravan
here are some shots courtesy of scott ( owner of my old VR4)

We got to milan where we were staying just after 9 at night and we are immediately excited when we get to see this car gastoker himself with the 8 sec 1100 HP 2G... that thing is baddddd ass

Friday night was a long night of just listening to mr Jeff bush ( from english racing) he owns the worlds fastest AUTO 1G awd.. that guy was a wealth of information and it was an absolutel pleasure talking to the guys from english racing

Saterday morning we packed up and headed to buschurs where we set up all the cars behind the building...

There was some baddass cars at the show, a few of my favourites were The Ricer Evo, the 4g63 BMW and pauls compound turbo 2g... there were sooo many more but if I talk about them, this post would be too large so I will save that for my shootout REVIEW post.

However I have to post this picture of my beautiful pregnant wife... she was a trooper this weekend, it was sooo HOT but she stayed cool and was quite excited to introduce our unborn child to an event that he or she will be attending every year for a long time to come
Love you dear ...

a quick shot of scotts car looking pretty as always

After getting completely shit faced on Saterday night, after we did our bolt check on Janet, it was sunday morning and time to go to work...

some shots of the car

jeremys 1G

it was time to make our fast pass... so I get up on the convertor, and hit the nitrous button.. Nothing happens WTF the nitrous is not working !!!!!!!!!!! I make a pass and I am like damn this car feels slow... It goes straight and true , something that it has never done before.. I get my slip ....... 141.xx WTF THIS IS FASTEST THIS CAR HAS EVER GONE.... in 90 degree heat tooo ... even though the ET sucked, it just goes to show that the hardwork is starting to pay off...
Here is that pass, Me against Jeremy (click on the picture below for the video)

We then scambled like mad to diagnosis the Nitrous issue, the purge button was melting, we had to cut wire out of the evo, just so we could have extra for the wiring. The nitrous bracket that holds the solenoids broke off , So we just zip tied that shit on ...Basically we did whatever we could to get this car to spray the 35 shot. After we did that we went out and made another pass...
This time I hit the nitrous button but for not long enough, so I built maybe 1 pound of boost of the line...
The pass went well , a little tire shake or spin on the 1-2 shift but damn it sounds healthy from the top end view of the track Enjoy this video , I sure as hell did (click on the picture below for the video)

I get my ticket... HOLY #### 142.51 mph IN this heat is just plain ol crazy to me... I ####ing love you Janet....

We decided to hot lap the car ... I get in the burnout box, and couldn't do a burnout to save my life, I will have to work on this... I get to the staging beams and start to load up the convertor... the guy next to me doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't deep stage.. so I let off and wave frantically for him to move forward.... I then get back on the convertor... this time I just sit at the line for a few seconds and blip the nitrous... Maybe 2 pounds of boost and then let go of the brake... the pass felt awesome.. I wish I could share with each and every one of you , what it feels like on the big end of the track..it feels like your chest is caving in once you are in third gear... I started to feel light headed at the end of the track ... get the time slip 11.07 @ 141.xx damn this car is feeling good. I almost passed out from heat exhaustion and had to call it a day ... Here is that pass ( click on the picture below for the video)

I hope you enjoy it

We then packed up all our stuff and made the long trek home, where we got caught in a massive thunderstorm, that almost started hydro planing the truck and trailer.. I think I might have stained my shorts...

Overalll WHAT A BRILLIANT EVENT... we learnt alot from being out there and also we taught a lot to some of the new dsmers , so In my book it was an event that showed how this community has grown . everyone was friendly and helpful and it was amazing to be with my fellow peers, where we all shared the passion and enthusiasm to simply want to go fast.

A big thank you goes out to my CREW... Antilagracing .. thank you ashley ( my wife) for being supportive, making the food, making sure I had liquids after a pass and enduring the nasty heat, so that I could race. Jeremy (6bolt2g), without you I would seriously go mad, Rex( Thinkfab) for you support and help, Kevin( Junfan) for helping in anyway you could, Scott( 3000gt owner) for your support and help around the pit, Jee( jeremys GF) for all the support with the tents , chairs, food. I am sure I am missing other people, BUT WITHOUT YOU GUYS Helping me .. I could NOT do this alone...

Later folks and be on the lookout for the shootreview by antilagracing. I hope you have enjoyed the story.
Goodbye and keep chasing your dreams.

I love the fact that you are supporting the Fwd scene !! have you tought about the SFWD Classes / Outlaw Fwd?

thank you for the kind words folks..

shortydtp--- I have never really thought about racing competitively, I mostly just enjoy my little hobby and just tinkering in general. The car earned its first 10 sec pass earlier this year, and then the 141+ MPH traps this year as well.

basically all I am working on now, is the first 1/8th mile, and getting the car to leave in boost. Hopefully I will be going out again in a few weeks so we shall see if I can better my times.

Hey it was great meeting you and having that lengthy conversation. Your car looked great and trapping 141 is just sick. Nice job

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back