The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink anti-lag and 2-step

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gsxTSI

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2010
Wagoner, Oklahoma
I'm still learning about my dsm and how it works Plus I did a search and really didnt help. My question is. I'm getting ready to install my anti-lag wire up with my dsmlink and I have a 2step setup now. I'm going to be running about 20-25psi. I really dont want to be at that psi when I'm using my 2step and at the Tree. Is there a way my tuner can setup the anti-lag with the DSMlink to say only hit 15psi on the 2step then once I go it can finish building boost? Thanks for any help.

Just setup the Antilag to activate at a higher RPM than the 2-step. I usually set mine to activate between my 2-step and NLTS.

Just setup the Antilag to activate at a higher RPM than the 2-step. I usually set mine to activate between my 2-step and NLTS.

How would that allow you to ever hit 2 step?? To the OP you won't anti-lag to your max boost.. You can also make the anti-lag less agressive by the timing adjustment.. I bet you will want to launch at 20psi LOL.. Its nasty..

unless i turn on the anti-lag ive never even came close to hitting 20-25 psi ( launching at 5500 rpm ) usually boost is around 8-10psi with it turned off. ( I dont know if a smaller turbo like a 16g would build boost faster, but the smallest turbo i ran was a 57 trim. on my 2 step. ) Hope that helps...

You don't need anti-lag with anything smaller than a 35R, unless you're trying to launch at full boost.

With a 2-step, I'm launching at 10 psi with a 30R at 5000 rpm (and i can't hook up on street tires, a problem anti-lag would make worse). Im sure a 16G would build more boost than that, and have plenty of torque to get the ball rolling.

The whole point of anti-lag is to get a big turbo up to full boost before you leave the line, not to get a relatively small turbo to 15psi.

I would think if you just give it a few seconds it will build 15psi off the two step alone. FWIW, anti-lag puts a lot of heat through the turbine.

Ok guess thanks for the replys. I just got the car and havent even tried the 2step out yet. Not really something to do on the streets. I just firured without the antilag it wouldnt build any boost at all but From what your saying (if I'm getting it right) I will build boost off the 2step. Right?

Tolltaly different car but I know on my Nissan spec-v when I put a turbo kit on it, No matter how high I rev'd It would never go into boost.

Yes it will.. For you it might build your target boost level..

unless i turn on the anti-lag ive never even came close to hitting 20-25 psi ( launching at 5500 rpm ) usually boost is around 8-10psi with it turned off. ( I dont know if a smaller turbo like a 16g would build boost faster, but the smallest turbo i ran was a 57 trim. on my 2 step. ) Hope that helps...
Hey brother what did you have your anti lag settings at with the 57mm having trouble building boost on the 2step/anti lag

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back