The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Another weird clutch issue thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAMA_player

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2007
Aguascalientes, Central_America
Well.

The issue is when i´m driving and being in gear, and let the gas off to brake with engine.
If i press the clutch pedal it does nothing.... is weird and a little scary because it doesn't disengage at all, and pressing the pedal several times doesn't disengage either. The only way to disengage is pressing the gas pedal and press the clutch. Or brake to a stop.

I'm thinking of disc springs touching the diaphragm. But I'm not really sure! I'm lost this time!

Any help is really appreciated :)

Its been happening since engine removal and reinstall.
Iven using a xtd stage 4 clutch (unsprung 6 puck disc) without issues, or not like this.
This time i wanted to do the things right (no chinese clutchs) so we installed an ACT HD with a sprung 6 puck disc (ACT). And this time is really scary to drive around town :p

Ohh and its happening on all forward gears.... IDK if reverse too

Last edited:
Everything was ok....... except for the flywheel, it have some wear. Not even bad, but still wear.

The clutch disc we removed was a XTD, and we changed it for an ACT. Aaand because the XTD disc was 1mm smaller, the groove left on the flywheel was also 1mm smaller, this with the bigger disc was causing that weird issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back