The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Alternator bolt to head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio_1G

Proven Member
May 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
So I pulled my alternator adjustment bolt that attaches to the head because the bolt kept on coming out of place and was grinding on my crank pulley and also making my alternator belt whine because it would get lose. When I pulled the bolt out this bolt came out, in my opinion it looks broken from the other pictures I found. I even found a longer bolt to see if it would stick but it sits all lose in the whole. So what I'm asking is if this is the right bolt or is it supposed to be bigger?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I was talking about the bolt for the top hole. I took out the bolt from the first hole that connects to the head and it feels too small and it moves around in the hole that's in the head. Those links gave me the answer though. I will definitely bookmark that page so I won't be asking anymore bolt size questions. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 48
No bolt for alternator connects to the head. One of the bracket bolts goes through the water pump and it looks like you're talking about that one. It also looks broken. If the bolt isbroken off in there you have to remove water pump which is a complete timing belt job. You need to find out if a correct bolt will thread into that hole

Yes, sorry that's the bolt I was talking about well I guess it's time for a timing belt job. It looks like there is a piece stuck inside the hole but it's not too clear because I could only get this picture in my garage.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 51
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back