The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G AEM oil temp and oil pressure sensor install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmKhan

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2017
East Hartford, Connecticut
Looking for some guidance where to put the oil temp and oil pressure sensor on my motor 6 bolt in a 2g can anyone help with pictures and parts that might needed ???????

Build and oil manifolds out of a vacuum block and put any oil sensors in that, I run mine off the turbo feed line from my oil filter housing, works great.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And yes the wiring has since been updated @GST with PSI :p

Where you running the line to your turbo from
Off the OFH, filtered port iirc. I have a FF OFH, and the cooler lines/filter sandwich are no longer there.

Ok that looks cool, and there’s good pressure to the turbo with that setup

Yep, I dare say it's better than the oem line, and my rebuilt 14b has about 30k miles at 18-20psi on it, still tight as the day I put it on. I do run a restrictor in the banjo fitting, can't recall the size off the top of my head but it's in a thread on here somewhere.

IIRC, on cold starts (0-30*F) I see around 80psi, and once warm pressure stays around 15 @ idle. Hot summer idle is around 11-12psi but cruise is steady at 35-40psi climbing 10psi with every 1k rpm.

Never had any oil issues. At some point I think I'm going to tear this engine down just to inspect it (spoilers?) So that'll be the telltale.

Build and oil manifolds out of a vacuum block and put any oil sensors in that, I run mine off the turbo feed line from my oil filter housing, works great.

Can you provide a little more info on this? Can you just use any vacuum block? I already have the STM oil sensor relocation line, but just have the sensor tied up out of the way and I'm not happy with it. I'd love to address it while I have everything apart doing my engine swap.

Can you provide a little more info on this? Can you just use any vacuum block? I already have the STM oil sensor relocation line, but just have the sensor tied up out of the way and I'm not happy with it. I'd love to address it while I have everything apart doing my engine swap.

Long as the vacuum block has 1/8th inch npt ports, you can use whatever one you like. I bought a cheap one off eBay and ended up having to drill/tap one extra hole on a perpendicular face as I couldn't fit all or my sensors on the one side due to space.

I have the stock pressure sender, stock dummy switch, innovate pressure sender, innovate temp sensor and a 90* 1/8th npt to -4an line fitting out to the turbo.

I actually remade this piece when doing my w2a intercooler, as my first rendition was leaking a little due to the 3/8" end fittings on the vacuum block not sealing. Tried several sealing methods and none of them worked. So on version two, I threaded the end pieces in, drilled/tapped them for 1/8npt, attached a -4an fitting to one side and welded it in place. I welded the other fitting side in place as well, just leaving the 1/8th npt port open for the temp probe.

Doesn't leak a drop and I get good, consistent pressure readings, and I'm not burning through $100 innovate pressure senders like I was when it was attached to the OFH directly.

Any other questions just ask.

And yes the wiring has since been updated @GST with PSI :p
Just trying to visualize the line routing... from OFH turbo feed port, in to manifold block with sensors, out of manifold block to the turbo?

Just trying to visualize the line routing... from OFH turbo feed port, in to manifold block with sensors, out of manifold block to the turbo?

I have a similar setup, minus the feed out to the turbo.

The line in (right under the letter "R") comes from the OFH. Oil temp probe is on the left hand side, pressure sensor on the right. I have 4 unused 1/8 npt ports that could very easily feed a turbo.

The line in (right under the letter "R") comes from the OFH. Oil temp probe is on the left hand side, pressure sensor on the right. I have 4 unused 1/8 npt ports that could very easily feed a turbo.
I see I see. I guess my concern is the block not being “in-line” setup... there’s no IN and OUT to the distribution block? It’s just fed from OFH for the sensors with a relocation braided line?

My oil manifold is inline to the turbo yes, and it works flawlessly. One thing that doesn't work perfect is my factory gauge, which needs a better ground to work properly.

But yess, turbo feed port on OFH to oil manifold to turbocharger. Oil sensors plumbed into the manifold ports. I had to drill/tap a couple extra ports to fit all my stuff.

Also I have a restrictor on my turbo feed port banjo fitting. Check your turbo manufacturers requirements to see if you need a restrictor or not.

My oil manifold is inline to the turbo yes, and it works flawlessly. One thing that doesn't work perfect is my factory gauge, which needs a better ground to work properly.

But yess, turbo feed port on OFH to oil manifold to turbocharger. Oil sensors plumbed into the manifold ports. I had to drill/tap a couple extra ports to fit all my stuff.

Also I have a restrictor on my turbo feed port banjo fitting. Check your turbo manufacturers requirements to see if you need a restrictor or not.

This is the info I was looking for. Thanks! FP68HTA requires a restrictor which I currently have in line now just off the OFH turbo feed, which I will place in line to the turbo from the OUT port of the manifold. I like this setup, appreciate the info.

Correct. The block is just a hollow piece of aluminum with no restrictions inside.

I actually have a block already using for VAC ports off intake manifold. Getting ports welded in, won’t need the block for that anymore... will use it for the oil sensor manifold. Thanks for the clarification with the setup

Where’s it plumbed from and to? Plan to use my old turbo feed line of ofh but then where would I route it back in to flow correctly? Turbo feed from head.

Where are you going to get your feed from: oil filter housing from the head? For this type of setup, I'd recommend feeding from the OFH. So line from ofh to manifold block, the from manifold block to turbo feed port.

Where are you going to get your feed from: oil filter housing from the head? For this type of setup, I'd recommend feeding from the OFH. So line from ofh to manifold block, the from manifold block to turbo feed port.

Realized today I have the GVR4 air cooled OFH that came with this Evolution GVR4 motor, so I have one 1/8 BSP and one 3/8 BSP port for attachments. I don't have the spare 1/8 BSP on the bottom as the 90 OFHs have. Wanting to keep the idiot light, aftermarket oil pressure gauge sender, potentially an oil temp gauge, and also feeding the HTAv3 off the OFH through a -4an FP filter, I'm limited on options to feed all these guys.

So, I stumbled here and found your vacuum block use. My only question is, due to the length of the line and the volume within the block, what kind of pressure loss is estimated to be occurring here, thus throwing PSI readings off? Temp, it's probably within a degree or two C just because of the aluminum block and if there's active airflow wherever it's mounted.

I suppose, in the end, it doesn't matter because there's pressure loss all over the block through every galley. This may actually simulate what actual pressure is somewhere near the middle the main galleys, which is around the thrust bearing. Hmm this might be my best bet with a -8AN feed to the vacuum block from the 3/8 BSP port and just leave the 1/8 on the OFH plugged..

Last edited:
The GVR4 variant is just like the 90, they're on the unfiltered side, but without the bottom port for an oil pressure gauge sender (also unfiltered but I don't have one to trace the exact path; going by the casting and what it suggests). It doesn't even have a viable surface at the bottom to drill and tap between those two bolt holes.

The "turo feed", assuming that was Turbo feed, is suspect but I haven't popped that allen plug out to see how much of the path is blocked by the thermal bypass valve.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back