The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM Aem Ems-4 v2 cold start help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copenhagen6123

Proven Member
Jun 25, 2015
Winfield, Missouri
I reaching out to you guys for some help with some tuning issues I am currently running into. So at the end of last year before it got cold I had just got the Talon up and running using AEM Ems-4 v2. The car would cold but it took a lot of cranking and I know the fuel map has to be off but it was close enough to at least get it started and up to operating temp. I drove the car just around the block and locally without ever getting into the throttle just to check for leaks and loose items etc. Life happened and she went back into the garage for the winter. Other than the fresh gas in the car nothing has changed except the temp in the garage. So over this last week I figured since it has been above 40 out I would get her started up and finally start to tune the car at idle and get my fuel map and other items up to par. With no success I haven't been able to get the car started. It has fired over a few times but not enough to keep it going. Looking for some base settings for the cars tune at least to get her running again and start tackling the tune.

This is my list of relevant mods
92 Talon Awd
2.3L Stroker motor 9.0 compression
hks 264/272
si 1mm oversized valves
hks valve springs
s90 70mm throttle body
850cc fic injectors
Factory intake manifold
fp cast manifold
fp 3052 turbo
fmic

Aem ems-4 v2
kiggly 12 tooth crank sensor

The ignition is set up correctly for the tooth setup as well as the timing has been checked with a timing light
I will double check this again while cranking tonight

If there is anyone out there that has some base settings that I could start with it would be greatly appreciated
I'm sure there are some more aftermarket components that I haven't thought to list but just ask
Thanks in advance

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back