The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Adjustable FPR question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1GjGST

Probationary Member
Jul 27, 2009
Houston, Texas
What is the preferred psi to have the regulator set on stock?.. If i have 15psi what is the recommended psi for the FPR?.. The fpr is a adjustable and i have a 255 walbro fp. I am just trying to find a good psi to start with and diagnose it from there. Is there a formula chart for every psi of boost you run you have x amount of Fuel pressure?.. Thanks
I have a manual transmission by the way..LOL
:D

Your boost pressure has nothing to do with your base fuel pressure. The regulators purpose is to keep the pressure difference between the fuel rail and manifold constant.

I have a manual transmission by the way..LOL
:D

Then set it at 43.5 I believe is the exact setting with the vacuum line disconnected. As long as you have a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator, the vaccum line will allow the AFPR to compensate properly for any level of boost you run automatically.

The vacuum line reference port on the AFPR automatically keeps the fuel pressure at 43.5 psi higher than the pressure in the manifold so that it's always a constant.

Whats the base fuel pressure for a 2G by any chance, not trying to thread jack but, should i run a seperate vac line to FPR? or use the old FPR's vacuum line and jsut elave the old fpr unplugged.

Wow people, Really?!

1g= 37 psi
2g= 43.5 psi

Make sure you set the pressure with the vacuum line off.

You can use the same vaccuum line for the new FPR. And the 1g autos have a different base fuel pressure than manuals as was mentioned, though I'm not positive what the two numbers are (Search button will answer all of this, by the way).

For a 2g turbo cars, it's 43.5psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back