The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FPR question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayb903

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2007
Fayetteville, North_Carolina
Alright I'm trying to get my car running right. And my problem is that I had this shop(stupid) installed my Aeromotive Fpr. I looked at my gauge for the fuel pressure and it was down at 25-27 psi at idle:mad: And when i disconnect the vacuum line the pressure reading stays the same:confused: Thats a problem.

So i looked at the fpr and realized that the return line is hooked up to the opposite side of the feed. In lamens the return line isn't hooked up to the bottom of the Fpr. If that makes sense.

So I guess my question is it messed up b/c its hooked up different from the pictures I see?
Or is there something I got to trace back to the tank.:cry:

Put the return coming off the bottom and plug the other side hole. Then start the car, remove the vacuum line, set it to 43.5 psi, and reattach the line. Add a zip tie to ensure no leaking.

Also, if you haven't done so, I'd wrap any of the fittings on the AFPR that see pressure (vacuum line fitting and gauge/plug) with teflon tape to ensure no leaking. Don't wrap any AN fitting or one that sees fuel.

what one do you have. If I'm correct the side are feeds and the bottom is return. I wouldn't see why it would be messed up. just switch them and see how it goes

I thought the 2 side holes were feed lines. This shop has me doing something that they couldn't figure out for themselves.

But when I pinch the return line the gauge jumps all over the place. :confused:
It would do that even if its installed wrong?

And when I'm on the laptop(dsmlink) it says I'm running rich would this be possible even if my pressure was below 43psi(no vacuum) and during pulls?

Pinching the return line will make the pressure go up even though it is installed wrong. You are creating more pressure by making a smaller space for the fuel to return to the tank.

Fix it then upload a dsmlink datalog if you need help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back