The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

ACT lightweight flywheel, streetlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseGSX13

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2002
Bellevue, Ohio
I just purchased an ACT flywheel and I am trying to figure out if it is already stepped to .612 for the act 2600 clutch.

i called them and they could just tell me that its factory stepped (whatever that means)? im not sure if they mean prestepped from their factory or stepped to factory (stock) specs.

could someone who is using this flywheel tell me. or anyone one who knows from experiance.

thanks,

i asked jon from tre the same thing when i was there and i think he said they do machine it to .612 but he said even though its not much of a differance most dsm guys like it at .610. go to a machine shop and have them measure it.

falcone4g63 said:
i asked jon from tre the same thing when i was there and i think he said they do machine it to .612 but he said even though its not much of a differance most dsm guys like it at .610. go to a machine shop and have them measure it.

I have always been told .612 is the way to go?
can anyone else give some input about having it at .612 or .610 ?

.612" is the stock spec for our cars. Anywhere from .608" or .610" is what is recommended by many people/places, inlcude RRE. You can read all about it here

If you aren't sure what the step is on your flywheel, just take it a trusty machine shop and have them measure it (make sure they measure it correctly, which is also explained on the link above) :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back