The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ACT 2900 Splines Snapped!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentury111

Probationary Member
Jun 29, 2008
Petaluma, California
I have a 97 GST eclipse Spyder owned since 2001.

I had problems with the Transmission earlier this year and worked out a deal with a shop for a rebuild for trade configuring their networks and web help.

Anyway, I got the car working and drove for a few months or about 1500 miles when the car wouldn't change gears no more. I had the car parked at my house and just decided to get something else.

Now this week I pulled the tranny and found that it wasn't the clutch or something normal.

The ACT 2900 Pressure plate, need to look up the part number on housing, paired with a ACT street disc had two of it's splines snap off. I found one piece and the second is MIA.

Also ACT is going to replace my 1.5 yr old pressure plate *I think they offered too quickly, could they be liable for the replacement costs as well?*

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Nick

EDIT: The part that broke was the Levers or fingers? I haven't found any examples of this happening to other cars yet. Any other examples?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back