The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G ABS light constant on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
I just got my Talon running today and the ABS light is on. Like many, I have no idea why. This is the first DSM I've owned with abs, so I'm new to it. During my test drive, whenever I hit the brakes hard, it was like all the others I've owned in how the pedal felt, so I can only assume the system isn't working. I'v looked up some things and found the ABS light testing, but as my car is a 96, I guess the test won't work. How can I go about figuring this out? I don't remember if the light was on back in November when it was last running.

I just got my Talon running today and the ABS light is on. Like many, I have no idea why. This is the first DSM I've owned with abs, so I'm new to it. During my test drive, whenever I hit the brakes hard, it was like all the others I've owned in how the pedal felt, so I can only assume the system isn't working. I'v looked up some things and found the ABS light testing, but as my car is a 96, I guess the test won't work. How can I go about figuring this out? I don't remember if the light was on back in November when it was last running.
You usually have to ground a wire in the datalink connector and count the blinks of the abs light slow and fast for exsample 3 slow blinks and 4 fast blinks would be 34 then diag said code attached is a video on a eclipse although I’m not sure what wires he is grounding
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back