The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A A604 Wont Move

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsumujikaze

Probationary Member
Jan 14, 2003
Tempe_AZ
Hey guy's I have some tranny questions 4 ya

the car i have is a 1995 :dsm: Eclipse 2gNT with AT transmission with 96k on it. Now a few months back when I was driving around, the car wont shift to a higher gear until like 5000-6000rpm, and soo, I put some more tranny fluid in and that fixes the problem for a few weeks.

One day I went to a friends house and parked the car there. When I was going home, the car starts, but it wont move in reverse! So I checked the fluid level, it turns out ok, so I had my brother push it out of his driveway and drove home.

So as for today, the car starts fine but it wont move in forward or reverse! (it kinda jerks a little but wont move quite a bit) So I was thinking the problem is my torque converter, and if it is, do you know like any place where I can buy one?

Does anyone have a clue how much it costs for an aftermarket one? I will be looking up VFAQs about replacing TQ's later on tonight.

thanx for your time :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't sound like a torque converter problem. A torque converter will not give you a problem in reverse and later on give you a problem in forward and reverse.

A torque converter works exactly the same whether the vehicle is going forward or backwards.

It sounds like you have internal trans damage, possibly a blown planetary gear set.

-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back