The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

A/C recharge or service in the bay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It cost like $50+ to recharge at any place that deals with A/C I believe.

It's like <$10 if you do it yourself and go to WALMART and get those a/c recharge things.

My beater 95 with 140k miles still blows cold air, I'm quite amazed.

The only thing I don't like about those do it yourself kits is that there's no way to know how much refrigerent is in the car. Outside shops will vacuum all of the old refrigerent out and refill it with a measured amount to the system's capacity. That said, it is much less expensive to DIY. My work charges ~$130 for an AC recharge.

I just went with the DIY kits for 30 bucks from pepboys with and it was CAKE! So far its frosty cold again.

The DIY comes with pressure gauge, so it wasn't a problem overfilling it.

WAAAAY better than paying shops around here for $120+ Now just Hoping that all it needed was a refill...

i knew you weren't going to pay $120, let a lone $50 hahaha.

So it blows cold air again? you filled it from the lower ac port right? Wasn't that hard to get to? I'll give you $5 to refill my beater, it still blows cold air like mentioned, but feels like it should be more.

i knew you weren't going to pay $120, let a lone $50 hahaha.

So it blows cold air again? you filled it from the lower ac port right? Wasn't that hard to get to? I'll give you $5 to refill my beater, it still blows cold air like mentioned, but feels like it should be more.

its about a foot down from the High AC port so its not hard to get to. Also, I may have a bigger problem because its not as cold as I would like it to be :-(

A fellow 2g owner whos ac is out was just quoted $900, i believe its the compressor or the ac unit that he mentioned or both I forget, plus install. And this is just a regular a/c shop. Hope this won't happen to you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back