The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

99 gst spyder(project venom)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some times it takes time to gather parts for your goal. Just take your time and you will find the parts you need to make your build susceed. Thanks for the words but I'm not the only sprider builder. Thier are a lot of us spyder builders on here from begging stages to driving stages.

Updated parts list needed. Water pump 6 bolt, Arp head studs 6bolt, oil pump gasket 6 bolt. The donar car gave me a light weight flywheel but it needs a new friction plate, To clean up the engine bay a bit I'm going with the 95 cas setup from the 95 talon. With the 7 bolt oil pump already done it will make for a almost plug and play setup.

No that's way later. When I'm ready to do body work. I did manage to purchase a 95 gsx and a 95 talon awd. They were both part out cars that will combine with the stuff I'm not using in venom and build a hard top dd car.

Well the low rise will take more work to mod. If you are talking about the talon low rise. It actully sits on up on the glass originaly. So the front side dose not fit the spyder deck lid well.

After thinking about it for a while, I have decided to put venom on a extreme whieght reduction. The trunk area that holds the spare will be deleted along with rear xbrace, the convertable top components and what they attach to will be removed chassis wise will be cut off the car as well. The support that holds the rear seat and seat belts will be also removed The big and bulky harnnes that gose to rear of the car will be replaced with that from a gsx. Quarter panel glass and regulators and mounts will be delete. Door glass and regulators will be deleted along with a wight reduction done to the doors and trunk lid. The a/c and heater box and all of its components will be removed along with all stereo items and wirring. A custom roll cage and custom tonue cover will be made for the car. The cage will tie into the rear strut towers, b pillars and the botom of the a pillars.

Very nice! Will make for a great summer car! Will all the weight loss then addition of a custom cage be lighter than a normal Spyder? Will the tennu be a hard or soft cover?

The tonue will be made out of high density foam covered in fleece then coated with fiber glass resin. The tonue cover is to helpkeep air out of the rear seat area and secondly for looks. Its not a structural part.

I'm going with the 95 cas setup

This might be a little late, but keep in mind that you if you ever want to go with adjustable cam gears, this really limits what gears you can run as they have to have the provision for the trigger plate. Also, if you ever need to replace the sensor for any reason, you've got to take the timing belt off.

Those two items there just doesn't make it worth it to run the '95 CAS vs. the '97-'99 CAS.

This might be a little late, but keep in mind that you if you ever want to go with adjustable cam gears, this really limits what gears you can run as they have to have the provision for the trigger plate. Also, if you ever need to replace the sensor for any reason, you've got to take the timing belt off.

Those two items there just doesn't make it worth it to run the '95 CAS vs. the '97-'99 CAS.

The gears I have alread have provision for cas, and the sensor is new.

All the trim and seat removed and this is what is left.

Attachments

• 20140120_173928_zps39a37642.jpg
    20140120_173928_zps39a37642.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 117
The convertible top is removed, the seat brace and x brace is removed as well. have to do some clean up to the mounting areas then on to removing the rear seat pan.

Attachments

• 20140122_204907_zps48d003e1.jpg
    20140122_204907_zps48d003e1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 109
The interio plastics behind the front seats is a no.I to have read up on the handbook and see what I need for a rear firewall . As u can see in the last pic, I can close off the trunk area if need be.

2 1/4 dom tubing and 3 1/16 plate steel. this brace ties into the rear lower front control arm mounts and ties it into the floor pan brace. this combined with a roll cage should stiffen up venom.

Attachments

• 20140125_205010_zps8b33f9a0.jpg
    20140125_205010_zps8b33f9a0.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20140125_213817_zpse9165841.jpg
    20140125_213817_zpse9165841.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 20140125_213829_zpsaa76ca37.jpg
    20140125_213829_zpsaa76ca37.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 108
Np mat . I got the rear sub frame bolt mod done and started on the front ones. Well come to find out that big brace that I cut out goes all the way down to the base of the frame rail. Thier is a sheet metal cap inside that box, Punch that out and walaa . The floor hole is the same dimession as the brace.Will post pics later in the week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back