1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

98 GSX, looking to buy would like some input

Posted by spic21, Mar 1, 2012

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. spic21

spic21 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2010
    albany, Louisiana
    Been awhile since ive been on here so im relearning a lot of stuff. Also never owned a 2g so all of this is new to me. But here we go

Im looking going to look at a 98 GSX that a guy i know has for sale. It has 97k miles on it and from pics looks pretty clean. All i really know is it has a Greddy FMIC, evo III 16g on 9lbs, aeromotive afpr, injen intake, tokiko 5 way agj shocks, h&r springs and flashable ecu.

Also a/c compressor is shot, i know a lot of you say no big deal but i live in louisiana and i have to have a/c. I am a dealer and can get reman comp and dryer for $300.

The guy has told me its very clean inside and out, but we will see. I know this isnt much info but im just wondering what kind of money ya'll think its worth.

2. dsmtnr

dsmtnr Proven Member

Joined Dec 19, 2007
    Crestview, Florida
    why only 9lbs?

301  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 1G DSM
  3. spic21

spic21 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2010
    albany, Louisiana
    no idea, i was wondering if it was a typo when he sent me the message.

I have sent him a text back but no answer yet

4. dsmvenge

dsmvenge Proven Member

Joined Mar 27, 2011
    Crown point, Indiana
    Its ###### running directly off the wastegate, thats how much boost i get on my
    16g running without my mbc. And with stock pump and injectors you'd hit fuel cut at like 11 anyway atleast I did before I upgraded fuel every motor is different.
    I say offer him 4500 if its clean and runs good

Street Build 1K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

1K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. spic21

spic21 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2010
    albany, Louisiana
    i just got anwser. he said because it is running off waste gate because he doesnt have controller for it

yea also just found out CEL light is on so a cant get it inspected here. i was thinking 3500-4000 but i dont know if i really want to deal with CEL light right now on my own car. i have to do that crap all day on cars i sell.

he also just told me it has a 255 fuel pump