1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build 98 GST Street Build From The Ground Up

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Fishytaco10

Fishytaco10 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida

Street Build 177  3

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Fishytaco10

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida
    Picked up the car today, even though I purchased it a week ago the guy held it until I could get a trailer to bring it home. Ended up going to the pick n pull close to my place and found a 98 gst spider that had been basically stripped. But did how ever find a ECU still attached behind the radio and a TCM so I pulled both. Also was there with a mechanic that just happen to be walking by and he asked why I didn’t pull the motor I told him because I have nothing to pull it and I didn’t know if it was any good. Any how he did what ever he did to check the compression and said it was good that I should pull it so I may go back for it later. Also got a good deal on a full sunroof assembly and sunroof, intercooler and piping, fluidine radiator. Any how sorry for the long post a little excited.

Attached Files:

Street Build 177  3

manual · 2G DSM
  3. Fishytaco10

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida
    Few pictures from today

Attached Files:

Street Build 177  3

manual · 2G DSM
  4. Fishytaco10

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida
    Picked up some parts today. A couple things I noticed on the car while dropping of the parts to the garage. Was the gap between the doors and the front fender is kind of wide not sure if it’s supposed to be this far apart. And also the hood gap will add pictures.

Street Build 177  3

manual · 2G DSM
  5. Fishytaco10

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida
    Little update:
    couple parts I will be picking up on the 15th next week.
    Clutch
    Fuel pump
    20g turbo
    Injen intake
    Engine harness
    Oil pan
    Aem gauges
    Intake manifold
    Fully built 2.3 stroked engine(bottom end)
    4g63 top end ( needs resurfaced)
    Alternator
    Starter
    Battery
    Ac compressor.

Parts I have already:
    Stock ECU
    Stock TCM
    Intercooler and piping
    Blowoff valve
    Fluidyne radiator
    Greddy exhaust (turbo back)
    shifter and knob (original was sold)
    Factory sunroof (Original was sold)
    crash bar (original was taken off probably sold)
    Cars lowered not sure on what haven’t really looked focus has been on getting it running.

I’ve been pretty lucky with the parts finding people local in Florida living only an 45mins-1hr away from me with all the parts I needed to get it up and running. Lucky the car came with a good tranny so all I needed was engine/ engine parts and seats. The people I’ve met so far including the guy I bought the car from has been a lot of help. I am greatly appreciative of the help from these guys. I said I was done with parts last week but these parts kind of fell into my lap so why not. Bought the car for including transport to my storage for $350 all in I’m currently including these parts about $2800 invested into the car. Not bad at least I think ‍♂️. If you guys have any suggestions few free to let me know. Building car just to get it back up and running and on the road again. Not to concerned about hp, I mean in the 300’s would be great but not trying to have it to where the stock tranny or the engine I’m getting can’t take the power. Again Sport for the long post.

Street Build 177  3

manual · 2G DSM
  6. Fishytaco10

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida
    If anyone knows what all hoses I might need then few free to add those in replies please.

Street Build 177  3

manual · 2G DSM
  7. Fishytaco10

Joined Aug 28, 2020
    Orlando, Florida
    Picked up my engine today and a few other parts I needed

2.3l stroked 4g63t block with eco crank cp pistons,
    4g63t head, pulley, water pump, water tower, gauge piller with Digital gauges, new filter for intake, starter, alternator, injectors.
    Also don’t k ow if I updated last weeks part gathering but picked up these last week: engine harness, 20g turbo,rotors, shifter, hks built, turbo piping and probably more stuff in forgetting need to redo my inventory list.

Attached Files:

Street Build 177  3

manual · 2G DSM
  8. Helaman-99

Helaman-99 Proven Member

Joined May 10, 2019
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    Looking good bro! Car looks straight and those purple pipes look dope! The abnormal panel gap is probably from body work. Has it ever been in an accident? And what are your plans for the fuel side of things?

If you ever need some coolant/vacuum hoses, this kit basically has you covered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-MITSUB...hDarwoV3BBEV2b&_trksid=p2332490.c100935.m2460

Not totally sure how compatible this kit is with a 2.3L but I’m assuming it’s pretty similar if not the same as a 2.0L. I have it on my car and it fits great, some hoses needed a bit of trimming though.

So far this build is looking to be a good one! Good luck and keep us posted! :hellyeah:

175  5

2019 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

796  10

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM