1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

98 eclipse cas need help!!!

Posted by dcboosted2, Aug 25, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. dcboosted2

dcboosted2 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 25, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I have a 98 eclipse gst all stock bought it as a shell so then I bought a 96 eclipse gst to put the engine and trans in well i found out that the cas is different on the 98 and 96 the 98 i have the cas is a first gen. The photos below are the case thats in it is there a way to make it work on the 96 engine the small wire from the cas itself is only one wire that goes into the connecter in the harness is there a way i can maybe cut the connector and wire it to the cas on the 96 case? I also dont have the 96 car anymore the harness from the 96 was actaully cut was kinda melted also not sure why but from the firewall to the engine bay I have all that harness and the ecu hopfully someone can help me with it

Attached Files:

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    That's a 1g style CAS.

Read the link below throughly, preferably a few times, as well as the links contained within the write-up.

LINK

Street Build 166  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

266  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 793  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. dcboosted2

Joined Aug 25, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I dont have a link so idk if this will help

4. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Click the link in my post, it takes you to a write-up. Not link as in an ECU...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

Street Build 166  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

266  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 793  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  5. dcboosted2

Joined Aug 25, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    In that post it says I dont know how to do it without dsm link.... I dint have dsm link i made anotger post to see if someone did do it without it....

6. dcboosted2

Joined Aug 25, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    This is from the link u sent me i read it yes I'm asking for help to see if some one has a idea to the cas the 1g on it now i can take off and i can plug it into the stock 98 car but in this case i need help to get the 96 cas to work on a 98 cas harness or a more simple way with a 1g cas WITHOUT A DSMLINK

Now go ahead and put the valve cover back on, and put your spark plugs back in. Now to use this cas you have to reverse the order of the spark plugs. From left to right, your cylinders are 4-3-2-1. The normal setup of spark plugs into the coil pack from left to right is 4-1-2-3. You need to reverse this so the order on the coil pack is (from left to right): 3-2-1-4. In DSMLink make sure "Invert CAS" is selected. I'm not sure how to do this without DSMLink, so someone please post up if you know what to do. Connect your wiring harness to the new 1g CAS and to the crank angle sensor and cam angle sensor on the wiring harness.