The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

96 tsi fwd rear end into a 97 tsi fwd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar5456

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2010
Mitchell, South_Dakota
hey guys we are in a pickle here my buddy just got a 97 tsi fwd auto . well the rear driver side got hit by a stupid drunk driver. and the rear lower control arm was snapped off the axle. well we have a 96 tsi fwd with a blown motor but body is great. took that axle off and when we were going to switch. them we found that the 97 has abs while the 96 does not . would we still be able to use them i no they are the same car what. not but i been told the 95-96 and the 97-98 are different axles ones bigger? . Any help would be sweet at this time . also p.s the rear quater panel is jacked so we were going to take the . panel off the white one but would we have to cut or weld them or is it just better to try and pound it out. also if we can use the rear end how and the hell do i remove the abs sensor on the knuckle . adivce help please!. sorry for the noob questions but i would rather ask then try and jack shit up . i havent did suspension work on one of these always been motor and trans . thanks to all who might be able to help in this project .btw we picked up the red 97 with a 111k with a few mods for 1200. so i hope we came out on top. thanks again :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back