The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 tsi fwd squeak when turning slowy ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar5456

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2010
Mitchell, South_Dakota
ok i am having a issue with my front suspenion . IT seemed to start not to long ago to shortly afther i reinstalled my front shocks and stuts. BTW they have been sitting for a while . Reason why i put them on is when i got the car it had ebay coivers:rolleyes: long story short. The front coilovers took a giant crap pretty much bent and was just hangin there.So i went back to stock not to long afther i noticed a nasty squeak coming from idk my steering rack balljoints controls arms etc area. At frist i thought ok maybe power steering low it was but not bad filled it up problem still there. Sounds like a old creaky door. Only seems to do it when i am turning the wheel slowly coming to a stop or going over bumps. Seems to be worse on the right then the left but the left does it as well. Could it be dry parts needing grease? any thoughts :hmm:

does the steering wheel shake too? because i had the same problem with my car i would hear a squeak only when driving slow but after a while it started doing it more often and louder i hated going thru the side of the freeway it would sound off the walls and be loud AF :cry: , but i noticed it was the lip of my rim it was coming of slowly, if the steering isn't shaking then try soaking the rims with water to moist the lip and drive it right after to check if it still makes a sound.

I concur with dsm1g90. I would figure out what side it's from and check all upper and lower control arms, tie rods and so forth!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back