The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 96 gsx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spilph

Probationary Member
Aug 18, 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Hello! New to the forum but if everything goes right I hope to be around more. So I'very been recently looking into picking up some sort of project car or just something to work on to pass the time and have always liked the DSM cars. I wasn't planning on picking anything up since I just started looking around but ran into a 96 gsx for $1000. The body looks very clean, the seller says the timing belt skips a little but he has a new one it just needs put on and retimed and it just hit 100k miles. The price and everything makes it seem like there may be more not being said but maybe I'm just paranoid. Is there anything specific I should be looking for when I go to look at the car? Even if there are moderate mechanical problems would a rust free clean shell be worth $1000? Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Take off the intake on the turbo and try to move the fan. If you know what a turbo is and its parts then its the compressor wheel your moving. Your feeling for how much it moves side to side. In any direction.

The only thing that really had me undecided is I wanted a manual and it's automatic, it just seemed too cheap to pass up. From the picture I've seen and what he said it has no rust and only minor scratches, I'll look a little closer when I take a look at it

I was looking into the 5 speed swap a little, any idea on a price range to do it? I was debating cost of swap and the car versus waiting and just finding a 5 speed down the road.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back