The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 95 tsi no spark on #2 and #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donbigler4g63

Probationary Member
Jan 10, 2013
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I'm still trying to figure out why my car won't start. Btw i bought it like that so i never did actually hear it run, risky i know.

When I checked for spark it was only showing spark on cylinder #1 and cylinder #4. It is getting fuel because when I crank it over, I can smell it burning. It acts like it wants to start but just doesn't have enough to get it going I guess.

I'm well aware of the transistor going bad as well as the CAS and coil pack, but I don't want to try anything until someone can shed some light on what I have discovered so far.

The plug for the transistor looks to be as if someone had tapped into it at one time because the one wire (which is white) that goes directly into the transistor plug, has a black wire poorly tied together with it. It leads me to believe it is a ground of some sort, but the question is why did they hack into the harness like that and try to ground out that white wire?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
2&3 power transistor, 2&3 coil, or CAS.
BTW don't ground the PT white wire - it is used for the stock tach and also goes to ECU. They probably attached that black wire to it to run an aftermarket tach.

2&3 power transistor, 2&3 coil, or CAS.
BTW don't ground the PT white wire - it is used for the stock tach and also goes to ECU. They probably attached that black wire to it to run an aftermarket tach.

CAS as in crank angle sensor? That's the only part I haven't checked. I can test that with a voltmeter right? Also I used a test light and poked into each wire that goes into the transistor plug and all of them had lit up except the white wire that had been tapped into. That was an obvious red flag for me right away.

Ok so the cam sensor fixed the no spark issue but it still doesn't wanna start. I believe it may have something to do with the timing due to the fact that I had to take off the cam gear to replace the sensor. Thanks for the help everyone ill keep you guys posted!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back