The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 91 talon tsi no spark #2 and #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigworm

Probationary Member
Dec 29, 2012
missoula, Montana
Alright guys here it goes. I've researched and researched and still can't find what I'm looking for here's my problem. I just bought a talon it a 91 tsi awd it ran OK this is my second so I know how they should run. It was running OK it had an intermittent performance problem it would run rough I'd turn it off then back on and it would run great. So I looked around and came to the conclusion its timing was a little off. I also noticed a new CAS so I figured I would adjust it. I ground the timing wire and hooked a light to it and set the timing now it only runs on two cylinders #1 and #4. #2and #3 have no spark. I thought it was the CAS since it ran before I messed with it so I replaced and nothing. So I then replaced one of the coils and still no go. So now I'm kind of at a loss. I looked around the site and now I'm wondering if its either the PCU or the PCM. my last and most expensive option is the ECU which I have sitting in the parts store right now but that's like another 300 to 400$. Any help would be great. Please help me.

Thanks I'll give that a try when I get home. I don't mind replacing parts but I like to see results.

What else would the part be called. I need to know because it seems like the parts store doesn't use the same name.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back