The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G No spark on 2&3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan12387

Probationary Member
Dec 15, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Ok guys before i get hated on i have searched countless hours tested and replaced sensors with no change. I have a 99 gst 7bolt im not getting fire on 2&3 tested and replace cam sensor ptu ecu coils even tryed switching to a 1g cas i had laying around with no change. When this all started i pulled my car out of my shop started it ran like crap back fired and shut off then started it again ran about 10 seconds then shut off and hasnt started again since then getting fuel and spark on 1&4. Im about to pull my hair out anything else i could be missing im not checking.

Is that light test on the ptu itself or the harness or both. I read that just got confused with it so bought 2 ptus from guys on my fb groups?

And i was told that if my check engine light comes on and goes off with key in the on position the ecu is ok is this true or false?

Last edited by a moderator:
And i was told that if my check engine light comes on and gos off with key in the on position the ecu is ok is this true or false?

It's basic functions are ok - there still could be bad components that don't show up in the ECU power on test.

Is that light test on the ptu its self or the harness or both ...

It's on the PTU itself through it's connector. It says "Unplug the power transistor 8 pin connector" and you are testing the PTU - not the harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back