The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 95 talon tsi spit and sputtering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMlearner

Probationary Member
Oct 11, 2014
Elkins, West_Virginia
Hey guys semi new to dsm's I have a 95 eclipse gsx and my buddy just traded for a 95 talon tsi . When we test drove the car with its previous owner it ran great no issues . He then traded and we left back towards home about a 35 mile drive . The car then started dying when the gas was not being touched after it should've already been warm , but then started to stay idling for a short period of time . While driving at times the car would start spitting/sputtering around 3k and would do so up to boost and sometimes would stop after boosting at around 5k . After driving the car for about ten minutes after we got home the car seemed to die but was still running , what I mean by seemed as is all dash lights on , loss of power steering but still spitting/sputtering with very poor throttle response . After we made it to the house we let it sit , tried to start the car again and it would start for a sec spit and sputter , would not go past 3k rpm and would die . Car is supposedly built 4G63t with fresh build and lots of mods , issue kinda seemed similar to what happened to my 2g so we replaced the 100amp alt choke fuse and it did not help. Please help ! The guy did say sometimes the car would act as it fouled a plug and you'd have to pull off the road shut the car off and start again , this did not help . Some mods I know are built internals guy said it was just right at a 2.3 stroker build , has 1200cc injectors , 340LPH fuel pump , external wastegate , large fmic , I can get a full list of mods . Just please someone help !

Check timing, maf, plugs, wires, pretty much check everything. There is no for sure answer. This is why many people do not buy cars that are built. You never know if they did it right. Check your ecu, all wire connections. Are you throwing any check engine codes?[DOUBLEPOST=1413068562][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey guys semi new to dsm's I have a 95 eclipse gsx and my buddy just traded for a 95 talon tsi . When we test drove the car with its previous owner it ran great no issues . He then traded and we left back towards home about a 35 mile drive . The car then started dying when the gas was not being touched after it should've already been warm , but then started to stay idling for a short period of time . While driving at times the car would start spitting/sputtering around 3k and would do so up to boost and sometimes would stop after boosting at around 5k . After driving the car for about ten minutes after we got home the car seemed to die but was still running , what I mean by seemed as is all dash lights on , loss of power steering but still spitting/sputtering with very poor throttle response . After we made it to the house we let it sit , tried to start the car again and it would start for a sec spit and sputter , would not go past 3k rpm and would die . Car is supposedly built 4G63t with fresh build and lots of mods , issue kinda seemed similar to what happened to my 2g so we replaced the 100amp alt choke fuse and it did not help. Please help ! The guy did say sometimes the car would act as it fouled a plug and you'd have to pull off the road shut the car off and start again , this did not help . Some mods I know are built internals guy said it was just right at a 2.3 stroker build , has 1200cc injectors , 340LPH fuel pump , external wastegate , large fmic , I can get a full list of mods . Just please someone help !
The guy told you sometimes it runs like crap? That should have been enough to send you running the other way.

Thanks for the reply , looked today alt belt was off . Looked last night must have just been semi off because there were no signs that it was .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back