The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 95 Eagle Talon Tsi Sputtering Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigZay

Probationary Member
Jul 26, 2022
Abbotsford, BC_Canada
So as of a couple days ago the car has devoloped a sputtering issue at first it started when it was off boost only and now it’s just full on sputtering all around, (backfiring misfiring etc.) everything is stock but I’ve found something strange, if I spin my injector #1 to the drivers side it goes away mostly. Am I right to think this is a bad injector issue? It ticks heavily when it’s pointed straight towards the front of the car
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Second chrisman287. My 97's injector wiring connectors were so brittle they broke when I barely pushed on them. I would inspect the connectors. If they are weak, cracked, etc. then your issue is likely electrical connection, especially since it improves when you rotate the injector (not a fuel issue). You can get replacement connectors online.

I agree with both members above. I had a very similar issue with my 2g last week. I just installed new injectors (because my injectors saw over 150k from the previous owner) and make sure bolts around the clips holding down the wires were tight because multiple ones were loose. After that, no more issues.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back