The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 92 TSI AWD brake upgrade help

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
I have found that old hoses will swell or collapse and you really don't notice it because you can't see it happening so I would go with NEW lines of any kind. If you like the SS, do it. They won't swell! Check all of the metal lines too, you don't want to blow one when they are needed. I replaced the complete rear with new lines. The only old lines I have are from the fenderwell to the proportioning valve in front. PIECE OF MIND! ;)

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Lucky for me I just pulled front and rear brake calipers off my 93awd thats going to the junkyard! Don't even need em!!:rocks::rocks::rocks:. Anyways, carry on all.
Good thing to have hung onto!

XC92

Proven Member
Jul 22, 2020
Queens, New_York
I have found that old hoses will swell or collapse and you really don't notice it because you can't see it happening so I would go with NEW lines of any kind. If you like the SS, do it. They won't swell! Check all of the metal lines too, you don't want to blow one when they are needed. I replaced the complete rear with new lines. The only old lines I have are from the fenderwell to the proportioning valve in front. PIECE OF MIND! ;)
Thanks. I'll probably go with all new SS hoses, unless you or someone recommends something even better that's not crazy more expensive.

As for the lines, I can probably run my own with some nicopp line I bought a while back and never used, with new fittings and a double flare tool. But the existing lines look ok.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
That is EXACTLY what I did. A 25' coil will work perfect. Nice stuff to work with, I have been promoting it since I did my whole rear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds